• show-popup

Company Planet Fitness
Location Phoenix, Arizona
Category Fitness Centers
Views 1469

I love planet fitness and what it has to offer.however i am also a single mother who can only workout when have a babysitter.there are more like me who choose other gyms over planet due to no child services.

I went to a compettion who offered child care but did not like the big gym atmosphere. but i love to workout just limited due to my child. also in MS we need more child health programs that teach healthy habbits and exercise.
Please take this into consideration. It helps get children and parents more active and focused on health.

When single never realized the huge help and benefit of child asst in a gym.It is a crucial factor!

Comments (24) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 24 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Sep 18, 2013  from Fort Worth, Texas
I thought about joining planet fitness until I found out that they do not provide child care. I joined another gym that did. They have tons of equipment and not matter what day or time I work out. There is a kids club inside of the gym. I just sign my children in and return to pick them up before the 2 hour limit expires. My girls love going into the kids club. When I first took them, they had no reservations on going in or leaving me. This is important to me. Working out gives me a break and allows them to have fun with other children. Children are not allowed on the workout floor, so I do not have to worry about my children being in danger
Reply to DAllen

Aug 02, 2013
yes they defenitly need a daycare
Reply to etta

Mar 29, 2013
I"m sorry for all the people that can't work out because of child care . But I don't want kids there ,you made the choice to be a parent as I did and this just goes with the job. It is not a safe environment for children ,there are way to many ways to get hurt and I for one would feel bad if I inadvertently causes a child to brake their fingers .
Reply to Anonymous

Feb 21, 2013  from Columbia, South Carolina
I just cancelled a big gym membership due to the employees sexually harassing me. It had a child care room free of charge so I worked out a lot until it got too difficult to doge the creeps and the constant pick up lines. Then I found PF and liked it but now I can't work out with out trying to find a sitter or only be able to work out when my husbands home and we can't go work out together because one of us has to watch the kids... This is so inconvenient! But I refuse to go to another big gym!!!
Reply to Navy wife and stay at home mom

Dec 10, 2012
That last planet fitness worker who was cursing was rude. Dont want to make $8 an hr? Get an education, ***.
Reply to bs

Oct 17, 2013
One does not need an extensive education just to make more money. If they want to be make an *** of themselves because they get *** pay, just smile and think about how much you make.
Reply to Zashan

Aug 09, 2012
I love Planet Fitness too!! I am a single mother and veteran, the military base does not offer me the same as they do except a family room that we all can be in. If at all possible to get an area about the size of the 6min ab section and a tv for the kids, the equipment is there for us to use and we could watch our own children. The safety bars can divide the children away from the workout area and there can be designated equipment for parents in the immediate area. I would of paid extra if you had childcare in the gym like riverside wellness does. That $3-5 extra. per hour.
Reply to Lisa L. Chandler

Jul 08, 2012
I'm 13 and me and my dad are starting PF tomorrow together and i do agree with the no childcare policy. Kids that are younger need constant care and lots of space. Planet Fitness probably can't afford the extra space. I think people should just enjoy the cheap price of a great gym! If you are a parent that needs someone to watch your child while you workout then just use the extra money to pay for a sitter. (younger and certified kids like me charge what you offer or like a couple bucks an hour, trust me i'm certified and sitting and i charge what parents offer, so younger and certified kids are the cheaper choice) Can't wait to start PF! Hope this helped stumped parents :)
Reply to Hanna H

Jun 04, 2012
Well, I thought the PF employee was very nice about it. Yeah, I have a daughter. She's 4 months old. I find family or friends to watch her when I go to the gym. It's free and they don't have to watch her long. Yeah, it would be convenient if there were child care available, but I know what I paid for and I appreciate the low costs. You obviously don't have much to complain about since your main concern was his grammar. You knock yourself off of your own pedestal. I love Planet Fitness and all it has to offer. There motto is great and it's a fun place to workout and feel good about doing so. I can't afford to pay a gym for child services. For a successful business woman you sure don't know much about good business. Best of luck in your sad life.
Reply to Happy Planet Fitness Member, d

Feb 07, 2012  from Wickersley, England
:? Cant please everyone, you want a nice inexpensive place to workout or do you want to pay $40 dollars a month for a gym that doesn't have enough equipment. if your worried about a babysitter workout @ home when your child is sleeping.
Reply to StarrStruck247

Sep 01, 2011
They have GREAT CHILDCARE NOW ! not sure its everywhere but in new jersey they do :-)
Reply to ???????????

Aug 13, 2011
This is also an issue for me because I have a daughter and wish planet fitness had child care.
Reply to Tj

Jul 25, 2011
I too am a single parent. My children are older, 11, 10 and 8. Today for the first time, I took the kids with me while I worked out. They sat at a table right behind me and played with their DS. They were also told under no circumstances should they leave that table for any reason until I was done. After a few minutes, I was approached by a PF employee and asked to leave. I decided to revoke my membership. Simple as that. I was very disheartened in doing so because I love the gym and fits well into my budget, however, I had no choice. I know my children and how they behave. I would not bring them if they were 2 years old and needed constant supervision. No where in my contract nor the gym itself was it posted that children are not allowed.
Reply to Jennifer

Dec 19, 2012
The reason you were asked to leave for bringing your children in is, it is not legal for them to be in the facility under the age of 13. Our insurance does not cover for it nor does the state like young children being in a gym. It is stated in your contract on the back that all guests (meaning people in the gym) must be over the age of 13.
Reply to PFStaff

Apr 02, 2011  from Morrilton, Arkansas
Wow.....smh, why yall mad at the pf worker?! It's the truth! I'm cheap that's why pf was my first choice when my lazy *** decided to join a gym lol wtf u expect for $10 a month?...be happy with the cheap *** price and use the extra (if any) for a sitter to watch ur bad *** kid/kids....sinmple :roll
Reply to none or ur biz

Mar 16, 2011
:cry i n0i want planet fitness to have a child care service too. I hate babysitting my brother when me and my mom want to work out togetther.
Reply to D Duvoll

Jan 07, 2011
Dumbest forum ever. Planet Fitness does not have child care. So what? That is their business model. If it doesn't work for you go somewhere else. MacDonalds doesn't sell fried chicken. Do you write to complain?! No, you go to KFC. See, now that I used that analogy we all have incentive to go to the gym of our choosing to work off those cravings!!
Reply to magpie

Sep 26, 2010
Since having child care cost extra money for insurance & stuff then why not charge more for when you drop your child off? Most gyms are $2 so why not charge $5-$6 if you want to drop your kid off? I'd like to find a gym I can drop off my daughter but they're all very expensive. There is a Bally's close by which has childcare & costs $30 a month but they're in a bad location.
Reply to Jen

Apr 17, 2010
As an educated employee of Planet Fitness and the personal trainer at my PF I have a few things to say on this. First off, the "PF Worker" does not account for all employees of PF so please don't let one *** discourage you from joining PF. Take a look at your local PF & decide for yourself because one bad apple does not make the whole tree bad. I've been on these sites researching complaints because I will soon be a manager of a PF opening in the near future so I wanted feedback on people's opinions.
When it comes to child care: there are many reasons why PF does not have child care. It does cost extra money, space, and insurance to run a daycare in a fitness center. Look at the rates of PF one of the cheapest gyms you'll find. Why is it? We don't offer aerobics classes, child care, towel service, no pool, we don't cater to bodybuilding or power lifting persons, and we do have limited basic equipment. Yes, there are many who would like childcare facilities but you can't have everything you're looking for. So it's an option you as the consumer has to weigh and decide. It's true you do get what you pay for and sometimes not everything can be available. We do however allow children aged 13 and older to workout so that is our availability for the health conscious families. People question the 13 & up and here's the answer as a certified personal trainer with a B.S. in Athletic Training: children's growth plates aren't fully fused so weight bearing activities should be
... Show more
Reply to PF Employee

Apr 02, 2010
Wow Pfworker. That is such a pleasant attitude you posess! That is the exact attitude that I am reading about which is plastered all over the internet. I would have to agree with Lady Jane that you certainly aren't a parent. I can draw my own conclusion by your inadequate grammar that you aren't the most intellectual person walking. I would like to know at what point did you feel entitled to blow Lady Jane out of the water for some simple suggestions? Was she knocking the facility; no. Was she knocking the staff; no. Was she being rash and rude in her opinions; nope. I was seriously considering joining PF for my workouts, however you have made it abundantly clear why I will consider a different facility. I also love how you are fast to call the clients that pay YOUR meager salary "dirty", "cheap", and "ungrateful". Perhaps you should seriously contemplate furthering your education for reasons that are apparent, then maybe you won't complain about your *** salary.
On a final note; I am a very successful business woman that makes in a year only what you can dream of in a lifetime. I am by no means dirty, cheap or ungrateful. If you were in my presence making such a lewd remark, I would be the first person to knock you off of the pedestal that you have placed yourself upon.
Best of luck in your life.
Reply to InvaderZimm

Read next Planet Fitness complaint

Planet Fitness (Phila Area) Screwed On TV

First Complaint:The fitness clubs are franchises (who are unavailable to contact) and the Planet Fit...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Planet Fitness.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug