Planet Fitness - Child care

I love planet fitness and what it has to offer.however i am also a single mother who can only workout when have a babysitter.there are more like me who choose other gyms over planet due to no child services.

I went to a compettion who offered child care but did not like the big gym atmosphere. but i love to workout just limited due to my child. also in MS we need more child health programs that teach healthy habbits and exercise.

Please take this into consideration. It helps get children and parents more active and focused on health.

When single never realized the huge help and benefit of child asst in a gym.It is a crucial factor!

More Review Details

Helpful? 142 Yes 142 37 No 37
Had the same issue 66 Yes 66
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 08 #992586 Bristol, Pennsylvania

I'm a parent of two children, ages 6 and 11 and for $10/month I do not expect child care to be included, as it is a no-frills gym. Pay $40/month and go to a gym that has child care if you need it. Either I'll have to go while they are in school or when my husband is home from work. Problem solved!
This isn't Burger King...you can't always have it your way.

3 16 Reply

Jun 28 #1000612 Wyoming, Michigan

FYI, Fitness 19 does include childcare for only $19 a month. So yes...you can kind of have it your way. No reason to be rude to those expecting more for their money..I'm pretty sure with the enrollment and annual fees and the number of members PF is bringing through the doors, they could easily afford to still charge $19 (for the black card) and provide childcare services. That is the only reason they are not getting my membership at this time, and Fitness 19 is.

17 0 Reply
Tara

Aug 12 #1018764 Las Cruces, New Mexico

I have the $20 membership at PF so not all of their memberships are $10. I never go there though because they don't have a daycare and I have a membership at another gym because they do have a daycare. I pay an extra $36 a month for daycare at the other gym so it is not included in my membership. PF could have a daycare and charge extra for it and I know for a fact people would pay the extra to use it. My youngest child is not in school yet and my husband works a lot so I don't have the option to go without taking at least one child therefore I just don't go to PF anymore. I need to cancel my membership.

1 0 Reply

Jul 14 #1007394

When your a mother of 2 who are 3 and one, they don't go to school. Think before you speak. And don't be so god *** rude.

8 1 Reply

Aug 16 #1020275

You ma'am are an ignorant rude women. She obviously said 'single' mother. Not to mention while kiddos are at school parents do work during that time. So please save the sassy if you can't be considerate and think outside the box Mrs.burger king

2 0 Reply
SingleAndProud

Feb 25 #950542 Michigan, United States

There is so much anger on here. I opened this page to find the answer to my question. To my fear I found that, no, there is no daycare. This is very unfortunate. I'm a single mother, by choice, and don't really have a sitter for my 4yr old. So I no longer hold a gym membership anywhere. But with the new year here I'd like to lose 150lbs. So how about some encouraging words instead of all the negative. We all have the common goal of health.

14 0 Reply

Jun 28 #1000610 Wyoming, Michigan

Wow, what an awesome goal! I hope by now you have been able to get closer to meeting it. I myself have lost approximately 80 lbs in the past 2 years (lost around 60, then gained 60 or so back during my pregnancy last year, and then lost all of that plus 20 lbs more since having my daughter 5/2014). It hasn't been easy, but I respect anyone who starts on the same journey because getting started is the hardest part (and then staying motivated during a plateau). Anyway..I'm in Michigan too. I'm not sure where you are located, but for $19 a month, Fitness 19 does offer childcare, and most locations are open from 5 am - pm during the week, and fairly long weekend hours as well. Good luck!

0 0 Reply
cathy

Aug 08, 2014 #853694

I have 2 wonderful boys and I wish I can find a gym that provides child care and it's affordable. .. all these places charge way much... PF seems pretty good with prices but unfortunately they don't provide child care services... why!!??? As a mom, I would love to take my kids with my knowing they're having a good time with other children, while I work out... PF should consider opening a child care even If they pump up the prices a bit I wouldn't mind... at least for those with kids...

9 0 Reply

Jun 28 #1000611 Wyoming, Michigan

Do you have a Fitness 19 near you? $19 a month and includes childcare. (and no, I don't work for them, lol. I'm just a happy customer..and I only pay about $12/month because I joined during a promotion period..what a steal!)

0 0 Reply
OMFGSTFUAlready

Jul 27, 2014 #846965

*WAaHhhhhhhH*...I'm a dumb *** who got knocked up when I was SUUUUPPPEERRR WASTEEEDD, and then the Bro jetted on me and the kid; so now you have to bend over backwards to accommodate me while I try to get tight for a brand new BabyDaddy!!! *WaahhHhhHhhh!!!*

1 38 Reply
ByeFelicia

Oct 15, 2014 #884842

First of all, you don't know anyone's circumstances you ***. What if both parents were in good terms, but things just couldn't workout between the two of them? What if the father is the military away from home? What if the father got shot or killed? What if the mother got raped and had no other choice but to raise the children on her own. Ain't nobody got time for your inconsiderate ***.

18 0 Reply
Feel Better

Feb 25 #950544

I don't know why you are so angry, maybe you were just having a bad day, but this was uncalled for. Everyone has the right to ask for the extra help. I prthoyou do not become a single parent and have to fight as hard as we do. Life is hard enough. I hope that you are better now.

4 0 Reply
I better than you

Mar 26 #963792 New York, New York

You got these woman up here confused with yo mama. Just cause you and your siblings have 12 different daddies doesnt mean everyone else has to. You mama didnt have to worry about the gym since all the meth that raggedy *** bag was smoking kept her nice and slim. I know you dont get any *** lame thats why your mad and backed up now.

2 0 Reply
DAllen

Sep 18, 2013 #718505 Fort Worth, Texas

I thought about joining planet fitness until I found out that they do not provide child care. I joined another gym that did. They have tons of equipment and not matter what day or time I work out. There is a kids club inside of the gym. I just sign my children in and return to pick them up before the 2 hour limit expires. My girls love going into the kids club. When I first took them, they had no reservations on going in or leaving me. This is important to me. Working out gives me a break and allows them to have fun with other children. Children are not allowed on the workout floor, so I do not have to worry about my children being in danger

5 2 Reply
etta

Aug 02, 2013 #692400

yes they defenitly need a daycare

9 1 Reply

Mar 29, 2013 #630248

I"m sorry for all the people that can't work out because of child care . But I don't want kids there ,you made the choice to be a parent as I did and this just goes with the job. It is not a safe environment for children ,there are way to many ways to get hurt and I for one would feel bad if I inadvertently causes a child to brake their fingers .

3 23 Reply

May 01, 2014 #810922

Lady!!! We are asking for a safe place , another area, for the kids to go! Duh!!!!! Yes many other gyms offer that. They should consider that just for business sake.

12 1 Reply

May 01, 2014 #810944

Hey ***! the kids are contained in a daycare room. They do not run freely through the gym. Gee, your mom must be proud of her retarded child.

15 4 Reply

Apr 22 #975302

The membership is 10 a month... You want daycare for that price?

2 2 Reply
falcom911

Sep 21, 2014 #873295 Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Just cause you don't want them there doesn't make you judgement concrete. Many daycares like blast, and others make good money due to day care. So what if she has child, she still has a right to get in shape.....so screw your mindset.......get you mind right and encourage ppl to get in shape.

5 0 Reply

1-20 of 46 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.