Planet Fitness - child care

Feb 18, 2010

I love planet fitness and what it has to offer.however i am also a single mother who can only workout when have a babysitter.there are more like me who choose other gyms over planet due to no child services.

I went to a compettion who offered child care but did not like the big gym atmosphere. but i love to workout just limited due to my child. also in MS we need more child health programs that teach healthy habbits and exercise.

Please take this into consideration. It helps get children and parents more active and focused on health.

When single never realized the huge help and benefit of child asst in a gym.It is a crucial factor!

607f4b5
Review #171681
3.7
I had the same issue 11
Had an experience with Planet Fitness?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
DAllen

Sep 18, 2013 Fort Worth, Texas

I thought about joining planet fitness until I found out that they do not provide child care. I joined another gym that did. They have tons of equipment and not matter what day or time I work out. There is a kids club inside of the gym. I just sign my children in and return to pick them up before the 2 hour limit expires. My girls love going into the kids club. When I first took them, they had no reservations on going in or leaving me. This is important to me. Working out gives me a break and allows them to have fun with other children. Children are not allowed on the workout floor, so I do not have to worry about my children being in danger

etta

Aug 02, 2013

yes they defenitly need a daycare

Mar 29, 2013

I"m sorry for all the people that can't work out because of child care . But I don't want kids there ,you made the choice to be a parent as I did and this just goes with the job. It is not a safe environment for children ,there are way to many ways to get hurt and I for one would feel bad if I inadvertently causes a child to brake their fingers .

1 6 Reply

May 01

Lady!!! We are asking for a safe place , another area, for the kids to go! Duh!!!!! Yes many other gyms offer that. They should consider that just for business sake.

3 1 Reply

May 01

Hey ***! the kids are contained in a daycare room. They do not run freely through the gym. Gee, your mom must be proud of her retarded child.

6 1 Reply
Navy wife and stay at home mom

Feb 21, 2013 Columbia, South Carolina

I just cancelled a big gym membership due to the employees sexually harassing me. It had a child care room free of charge so I worked out a lot until it got too difficult to doge the creeps and the constant pick up lines. Then I found PF and liked it but now I can't work out with out trying to find a sitter or only be able to work out when my husbands home and we can't go work out together because one of us has to watch the kids... This is so inconvenient! But I refuse to go to another big gym!!!

bs

Dec 10, 2012

That last planet fitness worker who was cursing was rude. Dont want to make $8 an hr? Get an education, ***.

1 1 Reply
Zashan

Oct 17, 2013

One does not need an extensive education just to make more money. If they want to be make an *** of themselves because they get *** pay, just smile and think about how much you make.

May 01

Same goes to you, it is don't not dont.

Lisa L. Chandler

Aug 09, 2012

I love Planet Fitness too!! I am a single mother and veteran, the military base does not offer me the same as they do except a family room that we all can be in. If at all possible to get an area about the size of the 6min ab section and a tv for the kids, the equipment is there for us to use and we could watch our own children. The safety bars can divide the children away from the workout area and there can be designated equipment for parents in the immediate area. I would of paid extra if you had childcare in the gym like riverside wellness does. That $3-5 extra. per hour.

Hanna H

Jul 08, 2012

I'm 13 and me and my dad are starting PF tomorrow together and i do agree with the no childcare policy. Kids that are younger need constant care and lots of space. Planet Fitness probably can't afford the extra space. I think people should just enjoy the cheap price of a great gym! If you are a parent that needs someone to watch your child while you workout then just use the extra money to pay for a sitter. (younger and certified kids like me charge what you offer or like a couple bucks an hour, trust me i'm certified and sitting and i charge what parents offer, so younger and certified kids are the cheaper choice) Can't wait to start PF! Hope this helped stumped parents :)

1 2 Reply
Harley

Jun 12

Sounds like just another spoiled kid that talks without thinking.

2 0 Reply
Happy Planet Fitness Member, d

Jun 04, 2012

Well, I thought the PF employee was very nice about it. Yeah, I have a daughter. She's 4 months old. I find family or friends to watch her when I go to the gym. It's free and they don't have to watch her long. Yeah, it would be convenient if there were child care available, but I know what I paid for and I appreciate the low costs. You obviously don't have much to complain about since your main concern was his grammar. You knock yourself off of your own pedestal. I love Planet Fitness and all it has to offer. There motto is great and it's a fun place to workout and feel good about doing so. I can't afford to pay a gym for child services. For a successful business woman you sure don't know much about good business. Best of luck in your sad life.

StarrStruck247

Feb 07, 2012 Wickersley, England

:? Cant please everyone, you want a nice inexpensive place to workout or do you want to pay $40 dollars a month for a gym that doesn't have enough equipment. if your worried about a babysitter workout @ home when your child is sleeping.

0 2 Reply
???????????

Sep 01, 2011

They have GREAT CHILDCARE NOW ! not sure its everywhere but in new jersey they do :-)

Tj

Aug 13, 2011

This is also an issue for me because I have a daughter and wish planet fitness had child care.

Jennifer

Jul 25, 2011

I too am a single parent. My children are older, 11, 10 and 8. Today for the first time, I took the kids with me while I worked out. They sat at a table right behind me and played with their DS. They were also told under no circumstances should they leave that table for any reason until I was done. After a few minutes, I was approached by a PF employee and asked to leave. I decided to revoke my membership. Simple as that. I was very disheartened in doing so because I love the gym and fits well into my budget, however, I had no choice. I know my children and how they behave. I would not bring them if they were 2 years old and needed constant supervision. No where in my contract nor the gym itself was it posted that children are not allowed.

PFStaff

Dec 19, 2012

The reason you were asked to leave for bringing your children in is, it is not legal for them to be in the facility under the age of 13. Our insurance does not cover for it nor does the state like young children being in a gym. It is stated in your contract on the back that all guests (meaning people in the gym) must be over the age of 13.

none or ur biz

Apr 02, 2011 Morrilton, Arkansas

Wow.....smh, why yall mad at the pf worker?! It's the truth! I'm cheap that's why pf was my first choice when my lazy *** decided to join a gym lol wtf u expect for $10 a month?...be happy with the cheap *** price and use the extra (if any) for a sitter to watch ur bad *** kid/kids....sinmple :roll

D Duvoll

Mar 16, 2011

:cry i n0i want planet fitness to have a child care service too. I hate babysitting my brother when me and my mom want to work out togetther.

Showing 1-20 of 28 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Planet Fitness.
Filing a new complaint about
×