Planet Fitness - Child care

I love planet fitness and what it has to offer.however i am also a single mother who can only workout when have a babysitter.there are more like me who choose other gyms over planet due to no child services.

I went to a compettion who offered child care but did not like the big gym atmosphere. but i love to workout just limited due to my child. also in MS we need more child health programs that teach healthy habbits and exercise.

Please take this into consideration. It helps get children and parents more active and focused on health.

When single never realized the huge help and benefit of child asst in a gym.It is a crucial factor!

More Review Details

Helpful? 143 Yes 143 41 No 41
Had the same issue 69 Yes 69
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 06 #1059505

Gyms are places for adults, not children. I applaud Planet Fitness for having no child care. The world of being a single mother is challenging. Welcome to it. Those of us who choose not to have kids appreciate adult places without kids. My opinion would be entirely different if you were complaining about a park or a zoo.

2 22 Reply

Nov 07 #1059946

The children would be in a seperate room so you wouldn't have to deal with them. I'm not even a mother and I think your comment is messed up. Single mothers should suffer because they have to take on the responsibility of raising a child on their own? I don't think so.

18 0 Reply

Nov 12 #1062809

Really? What if she had left a horrible situation or what if she was cheated on? Idiots like you disgust me.

9 0
Common Ground

Nov 13 #1063572

What about the mothers who are widowed? Not all single mothers have kids out of wedlock. But, even if they do... should they be penalized for a poor choice, once? Would YOU like to be penalized for a single choice you made? Maybe we should penalize people who are overweight from going to the gym because they chose to be glutenous ... (speaking on behalf of my obese self, btw). If you still back your original argument, you are making a poor choice right now. Welcome to the club ... you are human as are single mothers.

0 0

Nov 14 #1063816

Really? Divorce. Death. Judgemental ***.

0 0
First Born Triplet

Nov 07 #1059952

Like someone said the children are in another room away from the equipment.

1 day ago #1068560

I'm a married woman with 3 awesome kids, who I choose to homeschool, I think all gyms should provide childcare so women with children can be proactive in taking care of their health... regardless of weather a mother is single or married, man or woman, if they have a child they should still be able to go to the gym and have their kids close by.

Nov 05 #1058733

I agree. Your facility is nice but I can't work out there since Planet Fitness has no child care

4 0 Reply

Oct 09 #1045627

This is my reason to

0 0 Reply

Oct 01 #1041611

I agree 100%

Jun 08 #992586 Bristol, Pennsylvania

I'm a parent of two children, ages 6 and 11 and for $10/month I do not expect child care to be included, as it is a no-frills gym. Pay $40/month and go to a gym that has child care if you need it. Either I'll have to go while they are in school or when my husband is home from work. Problem solved!
This isn't Burger can't always have it your way.

3 38 Reply

Jun 28 #1000612 Wyoming, Michigan

FYI, Fitness 19 does include childcare for only $19 a month. So can kind of have it your way. No reason to be rude to those expecting more for their money..I'm pretty sure with the enrollment and annual fees and the number of members PF is bringing through the doors, they could easily afford to still charge $19 (for the black card) and provide childcare services. That is the only reason they are not getting my membership at this time, and Fitness 19 is.

30 1 Reply

Aug 12 #1018764 Las Cruces, New Mexico

I have the $20 membership at PF so not all of their memberships are $10. I never go there though because they don't have a daycare and I have a membership at another gym because they do have a daycare. I pay an extra $36 a month for daycare at the other gym so it is not included in my membership. PF could have a daycare and charge extra for it and I know for a fact people would pay the extra to use it. My youngest child is not in school yet and my husband works a lot so I don't have the option to go without taking at least one child therefore I just don't go to PF anymore. I need to cancel my membership.

7 0 Reply

Jul 14 #1007394

When your a mother of 2 who are 3 and one, they don't go to school. Think before you speak. And don't be so god *** rude.

20 2 Reply

Aug 16 #1020275

You ma'am are an ignorant rude women. She obviously said 'single' mother. Not to mention while kiddos are at school parents do work during that time. So please save the sassy if you can't be considerate and think outside the box Mrs.burger king

10 0 Reply

Sep 10 #1031986

You're an ***. Not everyone has the luxury to go while their kids are in school (duh, some of us have babies) and some of us don't have husband's with workable hours that makes it so we can just go to the gym while they're home.
Think before you speak, me friend.

5 0 Reply

Oct 20 #1051446

Sounds like you have a spouse to help out. Most SINGLE parents have a hard time doing this. Esp when you have to pay extra for a sitter to watch your kids after work... After paying for daycare costs all day. Not so simple. Everyone has different situations n paying a gym a little extra so you can work out would be amazing.

2 0 Reply

Oct 25 #1053719 Concord, California

Lol.i pay 9 bucks a month at fitness 19 and have all the child care i need it is like burger king i can have it my way.

1-20 of 63 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.