I am starting the process to start a class action lawsuit against Planet Fitness for unethical business practices and billing fraud.
I signed up for a one month trial membership, which the salesman was explicit in telling me that there was no long-term obligation beyond one month back in September 2006 at Planet Fitness High Point, NC. Unfortunately for me, I never used the one month trial and ended up moving from North Carolina to Pennsylvania a few months later. I came to find out that they had actually signed me up for a month to month membership with no definitive termination date, despite what I was told by the staff member. The bank account that they had "on file" was technically still open but was not my primary account (I actually was using it as a "savings" account), but when I went to close the account, I discovered a discrepency of $520. Planet Fitness had charged me $10 a month for 52 months and I had never even set foot in the gym and was not even in the same state!
I know that I am not the only person to experience deception upon signing up for a contract, nor am I the only one to have significant disputes with their billing practices. If you would like to join me in fighting back, please notify me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Fitness Centers
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Ever since I joined Planet Fitness I was always approached by staff and Manager, Joshua Gass, and asked if I was training people. I responded, "No, I am just..."
- "Here in Phoenix az these *** Mexicans everywhere, even the music is now Spanish wtf, and these Latinas have fat juicy ***, I can't do my work out without getting..."
- "I'm giving this gym two out of five stars only because it's a really nice gym. Very nice layout, lots of space, plenty of equipment and for the most part,..."
- "Waitress laughed at my small portion. Said she sympathized. I told her I had the same meal at other Perkins and it wasn't that small. She shrugged and said it..."
- "Had a delivery of roses today and they were not in a vase as was paid for and some flowers were brown. The remaining roses were wilted. Nobody answers at..."
- "I buy store brand Giant 14.5 veggies, sliced beets, french cut beans and yellow beans. 9 out of 10 cans will not open completely with a can opener. ..."
- "I'm filing this report to warn anyone contemplating doing business with Bion Dale and his company Asis Trading that he is slimy and will not honor the guarantee he flaunts..."
- "This place is absolutely a health hazard. On the 15th of May, I bought several items from this store. First of all, most snack items (chaklis, sev, pickle etc.) are..."
- "The weekly add for 7/24/16 - 7/30/16 showed a travailing pillow that you take on the plane for $5.99 with the member ship-card or 2 products of similar for $10...."