Planet Fitness - Won't allow me to join because I only have a debit/credit card not checking account!

I got a letter to come back to Planet Fitness so I went to join with my husband.They denied my membership because I only have a credit card!

My husband and I did away with our bank account months ago due to high fees and hearing this really makes me Irate! So you can't prepay unless they're offering it as a special, you can't use a credit card, and you can't pay in cash month by month. What big corporation doesn't take credit/debit credit cards?

Talk about single-ing people out!Guess I need to find a better gym!

More Review Details

Helpful? 87 Yes 87 95 No 95
Had the same issue 62 Yes 62
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 10 #1142347

I refused to give them my checking account numbers so I couldn't join. Too *** bad for them!

Mar 07 #1123402

I think its soo *** to not allow customers to join because they only have a prepaid debit card or no checking account. Dont they realize how much bussiness their missing out on? Ive NEVER heard of a large corperation not accepting credit/debit cards. Its discrimination plain and simple!!!

Feb 04 #1106085

That is so true me and my wife had the same problem I really don't think it's fair everyone does not have a checking account I'm afended

Jan 28 #1102340

I agree this is *** my thing is if you want to pay up front for the whole year why can't you!

dhog13

Jan 11 #1092687 Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Happened to me also. Even offered to buy the upgraded package if they would accomodate.

Jan 07 #1090813

I think that it's just wrong that Planet Fitness won't allow me membership because I have a debit/credit card. What are they afraid of? They just lost what could have been a very loyal customer/member!

mango1132

Nov 21, 2015 #1067577 Eureka, California

REALLY YOU NEED A BANK ACCOUNT TO JOIN......THAT'S THE MOST *** THING EVER.....WELL, GUESS I'M NOT JOINING THERE *** GYM.

Nov 19, 2015 #1066333

They are ***, it says right on the money "This note is legal tender for all debts public and private". I guess the money has to be modified now by adding "Except planet fitness".

3 0 Reply
Ricky Ricardo

Nov 09, 2015 #1060658 Lynn, Massachusetts

I have the same opinion planet fitness sucks like ***. Not everone has a chenking account and to open one for just that purpose is rediculouse.

Sep 21, 2015 #1036841

Unfortunately, some people don't have checking accounts because of one bad experience or another, and you are quite fortunate you have never had problems with your checking account or the gym, and I hope you never do, but eventually as corrupt and dishonest as people are in this world, someone will get your information and *** into your accounts unless you have account protection, but it is inevitable that it can happen, but I agree, whether it's cash, debit/checking or credit card it's all the same, one isn't worth more than the other and quite frankly, cash is a guaranteed payment (in spite of it being a debt instrument). Debit cards or credit cards don't guarantee the money is there either, so I guess it just depends on the corporation and their requirements of payment. But just not fair for the few that it causes a problem for...just saying.

chulini

Sep 21, 2015 #1036835

I had similar problems with bank accounts and identity theft where the bank wouldn't back me. Now all I have is a credit card and would really like to rejoin Planet Fitness again to stay in shape, but I guess I will have to go elsewhere also. What a shame! Maybe I just need to start adding equipment to my home and save on gas clear across town!

Aug 19, 2015 #1021506

I don't understand why anyone has any problems with them. I guess everyone has different experiences, but I don't. I gave them my bank info and every month on the 17th there is a $19.99 charge taken out, nothing more, nothing less. I have had zero issues. I do agree that if you're paying for membership, it shouldn't matter if it's cash, credit or debit. I would prefer to pay for it in cash and have it all out of the way instead of worrying if you lose your card or if you have insufficient funds, but almost every if not all chain gym requires a membership paid with a debit card. Like most things you subscribe to. I love the gym. :)

2 14 Reply

Dec 08, 2015 #1075497

You don't get it you ***. The thread is not all ppl have a checking account, some of us can't some don't choose to, but to deny our needs to be fit and healthy cause of a few digits is disgusting. If we have the money, regardless of how we pay it we should not be denied services. A@@hole!!

11 3 Reply

Jan 18 #1096673

*** ***... this is typical. " O im fine with the gym da drrr ka drrrr".. "whats their problem"?? "don't they have a bank with lots of money like me too"???.... in a slow knuckle dragging voice...
Hey annomous *** above go kill yourself.
Thanks.

1 2 Reply

Jul 14, 2015 #1007554

I went through the same thing ,. Bummer wish they did

tommyp

Apr 19, 2015 #973969 Bellevue, Washington

This is so *** that they don't accept this as a form of payment for the monthly but WILL accept this form for the DUE TODAY amount
DUE TODAY PAYMENT INFORMATION
Use the same credit card for your due today amount.
First Name
Last Name
Card Type-Select One-American ExpressDiscoverMasterCardVisa Card Number Expiration Date MonthJanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecemberYear20152016201720182019202020212022202320242025202620272028202920302031203220332034 Security Code Billing Postal Code

2 0 Reply
Kay kay

Mar 22, 2015 #962025

I just think they want to just get a little extra money on the low...

7 0 Reply
keke

Jan 21, 2015 #934421 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

My coworker just told me the planet fitness in Mayfair Philadelphia pa.. they let him pay 200.00 for the entire year all he needed was an id. I hope I can do the same and they don't give me bs.

0 1 Reply

Dec 14, 2015 #1078337

you're lying... a year for planet fitness cost 99 a year

0 2 Reply

Mar 15 #1127960

No, i just called, if you pay cash they want 199.00

1-20 of 39 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.