Lexington, Kentucky
4.8K views 16 comments

Ever since I joined Planet Fitness I was always approached by staff and Manager, Joshua Gass, and asked if I was training people.I responded, "No, I am just showing my friends the proper form." They say that you can have a guess for free or a "Buddy system" if you have the Black card.

On, 4/16/2013, I was asked to leave Planet Fitness by the manager because he thought that I was training my Black Card guess. Listen, did I mention that I applied for a job there as personal trainer. Therefore, from the beginning, I was targeted because of my credentials. It says nothing in the contract about not showing your friends the proper form when working out together.

I have seen personally people use the buddy system and a man was showing a woman how to work out, but he wasn't a PFT. Since the staff knew that I was a Master Fitness Trainer, they assumed that I was getting paid when I brought a friend with me.

Planet Fitness Trainers are a joke!!!!!! They have a high turn over rate for employees and the fitness trainers were wearing cowboy boots and have a gut! When asked the "Trainers" about skin caliper devices, BMR calculations, the different types of Metabolisms and ROM, they couldn't tell me.

People if you have a gym and majority of their equipment are stationary, it will harm your full range of motion for you muscles because it's on a fixed axis. You are not robots so why workout with machines that train your muscles like your a machine.

My point is that because of my credentials, I was targeted and approached unprofessionally by management and staff. They could have talked to me in there office and not in front of customers and staff. My God, I felt like I was caught stealing a candy bar from the store.

Very unprofessional!!!!!

I have been to the Planet Fitness gym in Cincinnati and it seems that everyone is training everyone!!!!Not if you are a Master Fitness Trainer and if you applied for a job there.

Review about: Planet Fitness Personal Trainer.

Had an Experience with Planet Fitness?

Comments

Memphis, Tennessee, United States #1263102

So let me get this straight...You've commented about how horrible the trainers are and the gym, but yet you decide to apply there anyway?You also mentioned your "credentials", that doesn't mean a darn thing to them.

It's seems as if you were butt hurt because they refused to hire an ignorant person like yourself. Yes, the machines are not exactly for the experts like yourself but they do serve a purpose for a different clientele.

Stay away from the gym if you don't like it buddy.It makes you look bad when you complain about something when you know exactly who they're trying to market towards.

For God Sake you people are all ***.

Moline, Illinois, United States #1091845

Umm, no.It wasn't your imaginary "credentials"...

You were repeatedly warned to stop soliciting other members to take you on as a trainer..

The straw that broke the camels back?When you took a deuce & didn't flush...

same thing happened to a neighbor of mine who trained at Golds gym.This guy was/is buff, eats right, works out regularly and was training with his wife.

He was actually helping his wife by spotting her as she did bench presses.

The staff at Gold's approached him and accused him of being a trainer and asked him to leave as well.The way I see it, if you paid your membership and there is nothing they can prove regarding violations of member policy, then they need to back off of issue you a refund of your membership cost to cancel your membership so you can go somewhere that understands actual gym membership policies versus rendering inaccurate accusations on customers.

to Anonymous #1091846

Nope, it's THEIR business.They can monitor it as they choose.

To those who are still whining and crying?LMFAO, get some dignity and follow the simple code of contact you agreed to when joining.

to Anonymous Springfield, Illinois, United States #1102419

So the guy isn't allowed to spot his wife? Alright, bud. Sounds like the kind of gym with customers just beating down the door to join.

anonymous
Hiram, Maine, United States #708254

Planet Fitness is for first time gym users, not seasoned veterans.And just so you know TRAINING is, but not limited to leading, demonstrating, showing, rep counting, etc...

So you showing your friend's proper technique is actually in a form, training.

You are probably just mad that you got caught training at a facility where you didnt have to sub contract and lost pay.:grin

Customer
to anonymous #1000658

Your a rude individual!

Jodie

Guess privileges?

GUESS PRIVILEGES?

L Bo
to Jodie Elizabethtown, Kentucky, United States #1165912

Guess privileges is a slip of the pen. Try "guest" privileges and it fits the context.