Planet Fitness - Black Card Guess Privileges: Not if you are a Master Fitness Trainer

Ever since I joined Planet Fitness I was always approached by staff and Manager, Joshua Gass, and asked if I was training people.I responded, "No, I am just showing my friends the proper form." They say that you can have a guess for free or a "Buddy system" if you have the Black card.

On, 4/16/2013, I was asked to leave Planet Fitness by the manager because he thought that I was training my Black Card guess. Listen, did I mention that I applied for a job there as personal trainer. Therefore, from the beginning, I was targeted because of my credentials. It says nothing in the contract about not showing your friends the proper form when working out together.

I have seen personally people use the buddy system and a man was showing a woman how to work out, but he wasn't a PFT. Since the staff knew that I was a Master Fitness Trainer, they assumed that I was getting paid when I brought a friend with me.

Planet Fitness Trainers are a joke!!!!!! They have a high turn over rate for employees and the fitness trainers were wearing cowboy boots and have a gut! When asked the "Trainers" about skin caliper devices, BMR calculations, the different types of Metabolisms and ROM, they couldn't tell me.

People if you have a gym and majority of their equipment are stationary, it will harm your full range of motion for you muscles because it's on a fixed axis. You are not robots so why workout with machines that train your muscles like your a machine.

My point is that because of my credentials, I was targeted and approached unprofessionally by management and staff. They could have talked to me in there office and not in front of customers and staff. My God, I felt like I was caught stealing a candy bar from the store.

Very unprofessional!!!!!

I have been to the Planet Fitness gym in Cincinnati and it seems that everyone is training everyone!!!!Not if you are a Master Fitness Trainer and if you applied for a job there.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 12 Yes 12 45 No 45
Had the same issue 13 Yes 13
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 09 #1124596

For God Sake you people are all ***.

0 0 Reply

Jan 09 #1091845 Moline, Illinois

Umm, no. It wasn't your imaginary "credentials"... You were repeatedly warned to stop soliciting other members to take you on as a trainer.. The straw that broke the camels back? When you took a deuce & didn't flush...

0 3 Reply

Aug 01, 2015 #1014666

same thing happened to a neighbor of mine who trained at Golds gym. This guy was/is buff, eats right, works out regularly and was training with his wife. He was actually helping his wife by spotting her as she did bench presses. The staff at Gold's approached him and accused him of being a trainer and asked him to leave as well. The way I see it, if you paid your membership and there is nothing they can prove regarding violations of member policy, then they need to back off of issue you a refund of your membership cost to cancel your membership so you can go somewhere that understands actual gym membership policies versus rendering inaccurate accusations on customers.

3 1 Reply

Jan 09 #1091846

Nope, it's THEIR business. They can monitor it as they choose. To those who are still whining and crying? LMFAO, get some dignity and follow the simple code of contact you agreed to when joining.

0 5 Reply

Jan 28 #1102419 Springfield, Illinois

So the guy isn't allowed to spot his wife? Alright, bud. Sounds like the kind of gym with customers just beating down the door to join.

5 0 Reply

Aug 28, 2013 #708254 Hiram, Maine

Planet Fitness is for first time gym users, not seasoned veterans. And just so you know TRAINING is, but not limited to leading, demonstrating, showing, rep counting, etc... So you showing your friend's proper technique is actually in a form, training. You are probably just mad that you got caught training at a facility where you didnt have to sub contract and lost pay. :grin

2 21 Reply

Guess privileges?

8 2 Reply
L Bo

May 28 #1165912 Elizabethtown, Kentucky

Guess privileges is a slip of the pen. Try "guest" privileges and it fits the context.

1 0 Reply

May 07, 2013 #647412

Only clueless people workout at Planet Fitness. They also mock the hardcore community. Anyone who knows anything about strength training knows machines are one of the worst ways to train, especially for a beginner it will jack your body up.

2 5 Reply

Dec 21, 2014 #918969 Baltimore, Maryland

Which word of "general fitness" do you not understand? Total lunk id!ots who can't that thru their over used protein muscle milked pea brains, that it's the attitude and ego that does not belong at Planet Fitness. Leave THAT at the door and you'll be fine. If you want to bring it inside, then PF is not for you. It's NOT A TRAINING GYM, IT'S GENERAL FITNESS FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE INTIMIDATED BY LUNKS AND THEIR BEHAVIOR.

4 9 Reply

Jan 28, 2015 #937839 Flushing, Michigan

Wow, what a scathing and angry comment, not to mention judgemental. Thanks for persuading me to go somewhere else with your arrogant, rude attitude. Maybe you should understand that trainers have to go through schooling to get where they are just like anyone else.

4 4 Reply
Fueled by Rage

Mar 04, 2015 #954152 Zanesville, Ohio

"protein muscle milked pea brains" I bet you wouldn't say that to a "Lunk's" face. Spineless internet troll. Enjoy your pizza and tootsie rolls with your workout in a total judgmental judgement free zone. Planet Fitness Hypocrites. What kind of person is intimidated by how a person workouts? Jealous maybe.....probably. The new slogan should be we cater to people who are afraid to lift weights and are scared of people who lift over 100 lbs.

6 5 Reply

May 31, 2015 #989914

You are a blatant lunk. It has everything to do with attitude and ego. Re-read your post. "Jealous maybe.....probably" is what a lunk would a say. "Enjoy your pizza and tootsie rolls" is another. You just don't get it and probably never will understand what GENERAL FITNESS means. Planet Fitness is NOT and Never was A Hardcore gym. It's not for you. Get over it and find a place where you belong. BUT, if you leave your EGO at the door, you are most certainly welcome inside, and with a smile.

4 5

Aug 17 #1200355 Houston, Texas

When somebody gets hurt at a gym that is supposed to have paid trainers, what ate you going to do to help them? I worked at a pf and left because there was no room for growth. Doesn't matter what level of fitnees you are at. It's aimed at beginners to make them think they are at a good place. Its a money scheme. 90% of members sign up and only go once or twice. They are still paying for not using the gym. The trainers are limited to the companies schedule instead of being able to actually set up a true routine for each customer.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Planet Fitness. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Planet Fitness.
Filing a new complaint about