Planet Fitness - Child care

1154 of 1171 Planet Fitness reviews

I love planet fitness and what it has to offer.however i am also a single mother who can only workout when have a babysitter.there are more like me who choose other gyms over planet due to no child services.

I went to a compettion who offered child care but did not like the big gym atmosphere. but i love to workout just limited due to my child. also in MS we need more child health programs that teach healthy habbits and exercise.

Please take this into consideration. It helps get children and parents more active and focused on health.

When single never realized the huge help and benefit of child asst in a gym.It is a crucial factor!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 151 Yes 151 48 No 48
Had the same issue 80 Yes 80
1154 of 1171 Planet Fitness reviews

Dec 27, 2016 #1261596 Sacramento, California, United States

I don't know about other states, but there are laws in California for Child care. In order to provide child care, you must have child development permits along with people who have the credentials to provide said care.
If Planet Fitness offered child care, we would be charged far more than $10 or $20 per month for our memberships.

0 0 Reply
Free money

Oct 06, 2016 #1223352

I don't understand how come you cannot cancel your Planet Fitness over the phone

0 0 Reply

Nov 22, 2016 #1244742 Saddle Brook, New Jersey, United States

This is not discrimination, some places don't have the time or a room to deal with babysitting services.

2 0 Reply

Mar 10, 2016 #1124919

I second this! - Single Mom in Ohio.

1 0 Reply
not mad but maybe disappointed

Feb 01, 2016 #1104329

I understand the want of childcare at the gym, but is there really any need to be mad at a business for not providing a service that they do not claim nor advertise they provide? I can understand being mad if they claimed to have child care and then after you sign up not having it available, but really, all they are doing is hurting themselves. Judging by all the comments, childcare would be appreciated and would certainly bring them more business, but they are perfectly within their rights to not provide the service so there is no reason to be pissed; just disappointed. I know one thing for sure, if I we're in the child care business I would open up right next to a planet fitness and make sure I wad open the same hours and it sounds like I would make a fortune!

6 0 Reply

Mar 02, 2016 #1121252

A Drop In childcare center nextdoor is perfect for their clients!!

4 0 Reply

Jan 05, 2016 #1089087

I think that they should have a child program

6 0 Reply

Dec 28, 2015 #1085152

Child care isn't always about being a single parent. My husband and I have conflicting schedules. In orDer for us to both work and workout we need a gym that provides it, as do thousands of other parents. How did we go from working out to judging single parents?

4 3 Reply

Nov 06, 2015 #1059505

Gyms are places for adults, not children. I applaud Planet Fitness for having no child care. The world of being a single mother is challenging. Welcome to it. Those of us who choose not to have kids appreciate adult places without kids. My opinion would be entirely different if you were complaining about a park or a zoo.

7 100 Reply

Nov 07, 2015 #1059946

The children would be in a seperate room so you wouldn't have to deal with them. I'm not even a mother and I think your comment is messed up. Single mothers should suffer because they have to take on the responsibility of raising a child on their own? I don't think so.

76 1 Reply
thissitesucks2015

Nov 07, 2015 #1059953 Staten Island, New York, United States

They would not be single mothers if they waited until after the marriage to get themselves pregnant.

9 72 Reply

Nov 12, 2015 #1062809

Really? What if she had left a horrible situation or what if she was cheated on? Idiots like you disgust me.

45 2
Common Ground

Nov 13, 2015 #1063572

What about the mothers who are widowed? Not all single mothers have kids out of wedlock. But, even if they do... should they be penalized for a poor choice, once? Would YOU like to be penalized for a single choice you made? Maybe we should penalize people who are overweight from going to the gym because they chose to be glutenous ... (speaking on behalf of my obese self, btw). If you still back your original argument, you are making a poor choice right now. Welcome to the club ... you are human as are single mothers.

22 0

Nov 14, 2015 #1063816

Really? Divorce. Death. Judgemental ***.

7 1

Nov 23, 2015 #1068330

Ignorant

5 0

Dec 01, 2015 #1072096

Lol because women get THEMSELVES pregnant.

11 1

Dec 03, 2015 #1073230

I was married for 10 years 3 children.Lost myhusband to car accident.So I should be judged? You are a selfish piece of ***.shame on you!!

27 1

Jan 15, 2016 #1094896

Wow, I can see why some of the people replying to you are divorced, just wow.

0 4
Imher

Jan 24, 2016 #1099906

Thats not true because Im divorced. Clearly you are an ***.

1 0

1-20 of 83 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.