Phoenix, Arizona
25.1K views 84 comments

I love planet fitness and what it has to offer.however i am also a single mother who can only workout when have a babysitter.there are more like me who choose other gyms over planet due to no child services.

I went to a compettion who offered child care but did not like the big gym atmosphere. but i love to workout just limited due to my child. also in MS we need more child health programs that teach healthy habbits and exercise.

Please take this into consideration. It helps get children and parents more active and focused on health.

When single never realized the huge help and benefit of child asst in a gym.It is a crucial factor!

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Planet Fitness?

Comments

Sacramento, California, United States #1261596

I don't know about other states, but there are laws in California for Child care.In order to provide child care, you must have child development permits along with people who have the credentials to provide said care.

If Planet Fitness offered child care, we would be charged far more than $10 or $20 per month for our memberships.

Free money

I don't understand how come you cannot cancel your Planet Fitness over the phone

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1215931

Yes, so true. It is a form of discrimination against women with children.

to Anonymous Saddle Brook, New Jersey, United States #1244742

This is not discrimination, some places don't have the time or a room to deal with babysitting services.

I second this! - Single Mom in Ohio.

not mad but maybe disappointed

I understand the want of childcare at the gym, but is there really any need to be mad at a business for not providing a service that they do not claim nor advertise they provide?I can understand being mad if they claimed to have child care and then after you sign up not having it available, but really, all they are doing is hurting themselves.

Judging by all the comments, childcare would be appreciated and would certainly bring them more business, but they are perfectly within their rights to not provide the service so there is no reason to be pissed; just disappointed.I know one thing for sure, if I we're in the child care business I would open up right next to a planet fitness and make sure I wad open the same hours and it sounds like I would make a fortune!

to not mad but maybe disappointed #1121252

A Drop In childcare center nextdoor is perfect for their clients!!

I think that they should have a child program

Child care isn't always about being a single parent.My husband and I have conflicting schedules.

In orDer for us to both work and workout we need a gym that provides it, as do thousands of other parents.How did we go from working out to judging single parents?

Gyms are places for adults, not children.I applaud Planet Fitness for having no child care.

The world of being a single mother is challenging. Welcome to it.

Those of us who choose not to have kids appreciate adult places without kids.My opinion would be entirely different if you were complaining about a park or a zoo.