39.4K views

I am a black card member which allows me to bring a guest.My wife comes as my guest.

The planet fitness in Rocky Mount NC just got new message beds. When my wife and I went to use the beds, we were told that I was the only one who could use the beds, but my wife couldnt. Now I am paying 20.01 a month for a black card and my guest cannot use the message beds? Thinking about going to the YMCA.

When I asked the manager for the number to corporate she told me she didnt have it. What sense does that make? They said my wife could use the message chairs but not the beds.

I feel like they should have a husband and wife plan anyway.

Review about: Planet Fitness Manager.

Had an Experience with Planet Fitness?

Comments

You pay for a black card but there is never a personal trainer available in your gas can only be there when you are there and they cannot use all of the equipment you get charged a annual fee for equipment upkeep

Los Angeles, California, United States #1335740

it says plain and simple, bring one guest, but your guest is not able to use the black card perks. dumbs

to Anonymous #1382624

It says, plain and simple - "Bring one guest". However, your guest is not able to use the Black Card perks; how dumb. *

To many cry babies on here !! Ugh!!

to Melie #1382623

Too many babies cry on here. Ugh!*

Guests have always been limited to the gym area. Tanning, chairs, and hydromassage is for paid black card members only. Its never been any other way.

It says the guests have access to work out equipment.And as someone who works in customer service, we really don't have the number to cooperate.

The person working the front counter can't help the policies.I think you should get over it..

Sounds like your trying to get something for free.$20.00 a month for two people to work out sound like a good deal.

They do have a husband and wife plan its called pay ten bucks each.Dig in your pockets and pay the extra if you want to use the extras...t-rex!

to Anonymous Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #1323961

No.Two 10 dollar memberships will not allow any perks.

They would both need to get 20 dollar memberships to use the massage beds etc..The massage beds are nice but they only allow 10 minutes on them just to let you know.

Maricopa, Arizona, United States #1265672

Planet Fitness lists on their website and in their black card agreement that while the member has guest privileges (i.e., they can bring one guest with them for no charge), the guest only has access to the fitness equipment; they don't get any of the black card benefits.

Really, if you want a couples plan you can buy a second black card membership and you'll be paying less than what you'd pay at another gym for a family membership (without factoring in limited time offers and stuff); you'll pay $40 a month ($20 per card) at Planet Fitness versus $30-40 a month plus an additional $20-30 at 24 Hour, LA, or Anytime Fitness, for a total of $60-70.