4.3K views

Update by user Jun 16, 2011

Between my husband & myself we made more than 4 trips to try to cancel this membership in person.Everytime we were told we cant cancel it, nor could we be directed on how to cancel.

I finally got an email for their corp. office and sent my \"home\" club a certified letter. Even after reciveing said certified letter, Planet Fitness is STILL Charging me.

I had to go to the bank and change my account #.This place is such a scam

Original review posted by user May 16, 2011

So husband & I joined planet fitness in oct 2009.We didnt have any inital issues.

In jan 2010 we were expecting twins so i greatly decreased my # of visits. In april 2010 i became disabled in an accident. I havent used my membership since. I have been trying to cancel since april 2010.

I Hate this place. They say they are no commitment and there is no contract.

What they dont tell you is that they have no commitment to you and there is some sort of contract that takes an act of god to get out of.Do not join planet fitness, you will regret it

Review about: Planet Fitness Membership.

Had an Experience with Planet Fitness?

Comments

I hate PF I tell everyone I come in contact with NOT TO JOIN THEY TOLD ME NO COMMITMENT AND SURE ENOUGH LOCKED IN A CONTRACT! We should sue them for false advertisement!

:) I've been a happy member of PF for several months now since my branch opened in Port Jervis, NY. The machines are all working well and I see employees cleaning the machines all the time I am there which is close to 2 hours a day everyday. The staff is wonderful and it's a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

If you cancel your membership with PF before one year is up, you will be charged a fee.

I was a member of PF for 2 years.

I cancelled my membership with a certified letter and was not charged any additional fees.

I find PF is very affordable, only 10-20 dollars per month ( 120-240 dollars annually) along with a one time annual fee of 29$.

My problem with PF is the staff is unprofessional and the other members possess poor gym etiquette both of which are a distraction.

Canceling your membership is probably the easiest thing to do when it comes to planet fitness. Written notice through certified mail, or do it in person and you get a copy of your cancellation form. Why is that difficult?