6K views

I cancelled my membership 2 weeks after the 'annual fee' of $42.32 was taken out for the upcoming 2016 year in Oct. 2015 after being a member for almost 2 years and another October 2015 monthly fee was taken(another $21.69).

I have requested a refund as I am no longer a member. I have been told by a manager they do NOT have the ability to refund anything once the money is taken out of a person's account. Once a membership is cancelled, it cancels on THAT day even if there are 28 days left in the month. This company does not assist loyal consumers but instead takes advantage of them.

People are unaware of the policies and are taken advantage of by Planet Fitness's fine print policies and lack of TRUE publicity about their annual fees...it is NOT $10 a month but more once you add in all of the additional fees. BE AWARE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Planet Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Fine print and refund issues of "maintenance fees".

I didn't like: Fine print, Lack of prorating maintenance fee, Lack of use of facility when canceling when paid month early.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 02, 2015.

Comments

HelpCenter_PissedConsumer

If you have difficulties with canceling Planet Fitness membership, getting a refund or are concerned about unauthorized charges from PlanetFitness.com, read what can be done here.

Cancelled my membership 3 days after they charged my account for 2019 annual membership dues on 12/03/18. Asked for a refund of that 2019 annual dues they took from my account but they refused to do so.

What do you call that ? And they say they are customer friendly. I would not mind so much if I have used their gym a month, a week or even a day in 2019 but I have not.

It still December 2018. What a rip-off !

Planet fitness is not a good gym poor management and lies about payment fees had to close checking account. They keep trying to get money out.

I dont understand how a company like this is still open.in all this mess wheres the owner ???

When you go open an account with them they dont explain anything about annual fee taking out in 2 months and double charge you. Than you go confront them and they dont know anything or what your talking about

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #1300690

Someone broke my lock stole my belongings staff wouldn't assist me I asked to look at the camera she stated that she couldn't roll the camera back very unprofessional,I stated I wanted to cancel my membership and they still to money out of my account

Aurora, Colorado, United States #1244140

I cancelled my membership a year ago and they keep taking money out. They owe me 240 dollars and they say they can't refund it. Planet Fitness sucks!

Livonia, Michigan, United States #1063869

Planet Fitness is a huge scam. They don't want my cash but will gladly get access to my checking account so I can never quit. About the only think to do is close your checking account so they can't steal money out of it!