9.7K views

My son came home for leave today,he works out everyday so he wanted to find a gym.I told him to go to pf since i have a contract there.He came home and told me that they would not let him work out there. The clerk told my son that he could pay 20.00 dollars that he needs to pay like everyone else.

I am a mother of 2 marine boys, I find this disturbing! These boys may if there lucky get 10 days of leave. I don't think it to much to ask for you to honor our military by letting them work out in your gym. When my son went into your facility he asked if you do anything for the military.

The clerk told him he had to pay $20. a day We are not looking for anyhandouts. I just don't like the message that the clerk gave to my son. He went to Lifetime Fitness they waived the $20 fee and told him could work out for for his whole leave for no fee.

They also told him that any time he is on leave just show his military id and he can work out.

I don't understand why you can't extend the same courtesy as Lifetime Fitness. I guess you just aren't as proud of our military as most.

Comments

I agree.... Planet Fitness is not military frendly

So you want free ***

I do like my veterans discount however I would not or have I ever expected it for free at a gym? Why if mommy has a membership do you not go with her as a guest!

I am a parent of active duty military children. My Son has a PF membership because he likes that for $20 a month he can bring a friend in for free.

Also the 24 hr 7 days open a week is very convenient. They also allow military to cancel their membership at anytime the need to leave without penalty. The Military discounts are certainly a privilege and not mandatory so when we complain about them it is quite embarrassing for all of us families. True they should not have been so rude telling him to pay like everyone else; perhaps if that employee has that attitude they should not be working where they have to have customer assistance experience.

It was probably how they handled the situation rather than explaining their policy in a professional manner. That should have went to supervisor or management level where they at the very least should know how to talk to a customer and train their employees how to and not to address a customer. By no means should anyone expect something that is not given to everyone of the same profession. Let’s not forget about our Policeman, EMS & Fireman that clock in everyday to risk and save lives.

May God bless you all. Thank you PF for offering the no hassle contract cancellation

I fully support our military, but my issue is you say "we are not looking for any handouts" but you're complaining that someone won't let your son do something for free that everyone else has to pay for. That's pretty much the definition of a handout.I would gladly give up a day of my membership for any active military member to work out while on leave, so this isn't about the vets. I'm just saying let's call a spade a spade

I am a vet and when I do not get a discount somewhere I do not run out and shout the the store does not support the military. The store can support the military but not offer discounts.

I know a few stores that have drives, fundraisers, etc. to help raise money for military and don't offer a discount. When you go to McDonalds do you ask if they offer a discount?

Do you ask at Wal-Mart? How about when you get gas?

Awww. Your poor son was asked to pay for the right to use the equipment that everyone else has to pay for?!

That’s ridiculous! Why isn’t everything free for veterans then?You and your son are entitled to nothing.

A military discount is very much appreciated, but it’s not why we serve, and I’d like to meet a service member that demands one. Ridiculous.

to Joe #1480074

They should 100 percent get to work out for free when on leave.. I'd gladly give my membership over to any veteran

to Anonymous #1503153

Maybe their business model doesn't allow for people with contracts to switch their membership over to someone else because that's what a contract is

FYI.THE YMCA OFFER FREE ADMISSION TI ALL MILITARY WHILE ON LEAVE.

As Army CO, I don’t serve for the discounts, I serve for the *** of it. While I do have a bias against the marine corps from the way some of their men are, I generally don’t expect a military discount. But I don’t really understand how those enlisted think, since I make significantly more money, $20 isn’t really something I’d really care about, especially for a good workout at an accredited fitness center.

to 1LTChevy #1464600

You're an Army Commander and you haven't spent enough time with your men to understand how they think... shameful.

You don't understand how $20 can impact your men....

shameful. To be a more effective leader get to know your men.As on of my Marine Officers said "if you don't know your Marine's dog's name you don't know them well enough.

to Kevin McNeese 28 year Marine #1503155

If the most funded organization in the history of Earth has most of its members not being able to afford 20 dollars, maybe they should have signed their life away to a less dangerous job that actually pays

to 1LTChevy #1530236

Whichever Army unit you command...God help them. You're the reason good officers get bad reps.

Sounds like another liberal hates to be at work clerk. As a retired multi-combat tour veteran, I go out of my way to support businesses that support military personnel.

It’s a win/win. That clerk should have been yoked up!

to 1SG ONeill #1445071

Thank you!!

You are very entitled and are raising entitled children. Military freebies/discounts are amazing— don’t get me wrong; but EXPECTING it is extremely obnoxious. Do better.

Anonymous817

I get very offended when people, companies etc. think & say that we (military families) want a handout!!

That is far from the truth. If these idiot thinkers knew & experienced the sacrifice we make to protect our country every single day. Then they would not say such irresponsible, wreck less words.

The active duty soldiers & retiree life we do is not easy & respect is earned and given. All the discounts that are offered by companies are always appreciated & well deserved for our under pay jobs we have done!!

My hubby is a navy vet we go to pl and we love it there they are not the only place who does this and its there right yes it would be nice to get one but we don't need to trash the place .

to Sweetp #1410637