23.7K views

Tried to cancel my month-to-month membership today since I have moved and it's no longer convenient to go there. No where on their website does it tell you how to do this.

I called my home club and was told I either had to go there in person(which is 1500 miles away), or I could send a certified letter (and it MUST be certified) stating I wished to cancel, and they would "process my request". Those are the only 2 options. So now I have to go out of my way to go to the post office and PAY to cancel my membership.

Ridiculous. Super easy to join, but they make you jump thru hoops to cancel.

Review about: Planet Fitness Membership.

Comments

Well I went into my planet fitness to cancel and they told me I owe them $150, for "late fees" because my card was declined in 2015.. yet its 2018 and this is the first I've heard about my card ever being declined. I never received a call, a letter, an email or NOTHING and I can't cancel until its paid ..

to Ray #1473663

Have your card cancelled and reissued. New card, different number, can’t bill you.

Major crooks! They know exactly what they are doing and it is their intent to keep you on the hook and make it hard to cancel.

Shitty business model and a shitty company.

I hope their reputation for these shady practices puts them out of business. No company with such a lack of integrity should be allowed to stay in business.

Tried to cancel my month-to-month membership today since I have moved out of state and it's no longer convenient to go there. Now I find out I have to either cancel where I joined or send a certified letter to cancel.

Notifying my bank to stop any future payments to these CROOKs!!

To much BS to cancel membership, they are a rip off. By the time you get it cancelled they have taken at least 2 more payments from you.

Lake Havasu City, Arizona, United States #1264736

Roger AZ. I tried to pay with cash or one time check but was told customers MUST use their credit card.

Why subject yourself to endless hassle of trying to end PF billing your account. Go to a competitor.

All that work of getting off the couch and going to the post office to cancel your gym membership is like "jumping thru hoops"?! lol...

I feel you, same here!!! Almost took an act of Congress and of course they got two (2) more billing cycles out of me in the process. Crooks!!!

to Anonymous #1164766

IT IS FAR TO DIFFICULT to CANCEL. They are truly CROOKS and the know when when you sign that little pad you don't know that you are signing for a year.

I asked but I was told it was month to month.

They are Big Time Crooks.

to Anonymous #1502447

Been trying to cancel planet fitness membership for over a year since I retired and moved away and just got a run around disputed payment with my credit card company now planet fitness is threatening collections My next letters will be to attorney general and Better Business Bureau I hope they get what they deserve

Other gyms require the same process of sending a certified letter to cancel. But I don't understand why you didn't cancel before you left.

It was a pretty big distance so you knew you were not going to go there anymore. I'm sure you had to cancel other memberships before you left town. It makes sense they need you in person or a certified letter, what if someone was pissed at you and decided to cancel it to *** you off?

Or something similar to that happened, you would be pissed it was so easy for them to do that.

call your bank and put a stop on the payments from this company. That is the only way to guarantee it stops.

to Anonymous #1121061

Thats a good way to have them start racking up a bill for collections, check your credit rating...

Brookfield Connecticut, my wife purchased a membership was never able to use the facility because with cancer we had to move from the area to Arkansas tried to cancel the membership. we have written planet fitness three times to cancel our membership and they will not cancel your membership they just keep billing us.

Should of told them before you moved ***

to Anonymous #989714

Just because your life is that simple doesn't mean everyone else's is. ***!!!!

I hate it when jerks get on boards just to be jerks.

to Anonymous #1026005

*Should've (Should have). There's no such thing as "Should of"

Chicago, Illinois, United States #969178

Subscribed for pf 3 months ago in monroe, Michigan, they introduced a new system and now I gotta go all the way there (I live in Chicago) to get a new card. Plus tonight I went to the pf to find out I owe them for 2 months...my balance never went low on the card I subscribed with...and the staff doesnt even talk nice or apologise....annd to cancel membership its 58 dollars...these guys do a *** job...god will punish them for their poor actions!!!

Los Angeles, California, United States #959706

That is why I pay little more for LA Fitness. I can freeze / cancel all from their website without any problem.

Yes was told the same thing that it depends on the club regional manger. I have had billing problem after billing problem and they still continue to bill me .THIS CLUB SUCKS

THIS IS THE NEW KILLEEN TEXAS CLUB. You would think that is they are so busy loosing a few members should not hurt.

If you cancel CC and open a new account, won't they contact you or possibly sue for non-paid fees after a certain amount of time?