2.9K views
2.5
Additional Fees
Cleanliness
Equipment Quality

I cancelled on Friday April 15, 2016 and verified with my bank afterwards that there was not a pending monthly charge from Planet Fitness. On the following Monday, April 18, I saw the charge pending on my bank account.

On Tuesday the monthly charge went through and I called Planet Fitness to have them reimburse me. The General Manager refused because I didn't give them enough notice I was cancelling. I asked repeatedly for a contact of someone else I could talk to - his regional boss or national headquarters and Joe, the GM, fought me the whole time. Eventually he gave me an email of his boos.

So even though I had cancelled my membership before the monthly fee was due they charged my the monthly fee. Completely immoral.

This person wrote the review because of "inflexible and immoral" at Planet Fitness. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $11 and wants Planet Fitness to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Planet Fitness and planet fitness membership for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

A membership means that the club is there for you to use. it is not their fault you lost wallet weight.

#1420172

I cancelled today and they billed me yesterday.I haven't used the gym in so long that I was just giving my money away.my question is can I get my 21.99 back if you look up you can see Mary Joshua from Wilm,De. Haven't been there over a month or more.

I don't get it... When you joined I was told everything, I got my agreement, I read it, I put the billing on my calendar.

I put the agreement with my personal files, plus I have their phone number. Whatever the agreement couldn't tell me, I could call and ask. When I workout, I can ask. I NEVER assume anything cuz I'd always be wrong.

When I got organized, I'm on top of things . What's wrong with everyone?!!

I'm sure your cancellation receipt read that the last bill date would be April 17th. After the 10th, not a single PF staff or manager can stop the process of auto deduction.

Even if you cancel 1 minute after midnight on the 11th, you will not receive a refund.

It's by the 10th nationwide... By the 10th of any month.

By the 25th of the month prior to the Annual.

Again, nationwide, it's in the Agreement. After the 10th, the billing CAN'T be stopped.

Should have read your agreement. It clearly states to cancel your membership and stop the billing and not be charged for the month, you must present cancellation to them in person or by certified mail by the 10th of the month. You're the one to blame for not understanding the terms of the agreement you signed stating you've read and understood.

to Anonymous #1388668

Man *** you

to Bea #1422569

shhh. don't let your intelligence escape by getting up.