14.7K views

Wanted to join at $10 offer.Found out can only do by PF automatically billing credit card monthly.

My past experience has found this VERY DANGEROUS and out of control. OFFERED TO PAY CASH FOR ENTIRE YEARS MEMBERSHIP!!!! CASH!! Was told not company policy.

Whoever heard of a business not accepting cash???? Would even make it a cashiers check, money order, and send directly to franchisee. HOW CAN PF MAKE THIS HAPPEN FOR ME??? OR, do I have to go to a different fitness organization??

PLEASE LET ME KNOW.Do want to join as it looks like a great clean facility.

Comments

I had a planet fitness membership for 3 years and when I moved I cancelled my membership. They still charged me for three months and claimed I need to go back to home planet fitness to get this resolved. Three states away

Same thing happened to me.When I said I wanted to pay cash they changed the price.

Increase for cash was $80 per year. Not sure why they want access to you credit card account.

Don't like it.Probably will not renew.

Same thing happened to me this morning.Wanted to join for 1yr(12 months) and pay CASH for the whole year( the 12 months of fees and the initial payment ) told it was an option that they would accept.

They would only do direct billing through a Checking Account.S_ _ _w them.

I joined planet fitness a couple years ago and when I terminated my membership they continued to try to charge my account and said they had no record of cancelation. I brought the papers they gave me in with the date and time of termination and received no apology or refund for overcharges. If you are looking to end your membership, make sure they print and hand you papers confirming it, and keep them for a year.

Is there any gym in Las Vegas, NV that will let u join by paying 1 year up-front cash?

They are a scam

Brooklyn, New York, United States #1272582

Same experience ,could nor believe it!!!If we pay the whole year why do they need my credit card or my bank account number?

I joined anorher gym, paid 320 for the year and I don't care that I paid more money!Thee owner of my gym appreciated mycash and DOES not require my bank account number nor my credit card which is shady to you and me and many more!!!

to Anonymous #1363261

What gym please any chance it's in new York too?

I ran into the same thing for two memberships! Shame on a business that does not understand the value of having cash in advance!

Seguin, Texas, United States #1225013

My local planet fitness accepts payment in full for the year. Talk to the owner.