4.5K views 16 comments
Featured on Facebook Not resolved

Planet Fitness is a "Judgment Free Zone" and certain lifting exercises is not allowed in their facilities, i.e deadlifts, overhead presses, clean and jerks.Some facilities do not even allow supersets.

They even went as far as limiting the amount of weight you can use to workout, i.e up to 75 lbs dumbells at my facility. Their reason "Excessive Noises" you make, may be offensive to other members. What a crock! I told them that "obese women in yoga pants offend me, do you have a restriction on obese women wearing yoga pants?" Of course they don't.

Being offended is something that is totally subjective and unfair.

I refuse to workout in a facility that puts limits on my workouts and dictates to me what I can and can not do.Maybe Planet Fitness should change their name to Communist Fitness.

Review about: Gym Policy.

4.7
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Planet Fitness Facility
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss restrictions / Not specified
Preferred solution Make other people aware

Had an Experience with Planet Fitness?

Comments

A Hetrosexual man

They canceled my membership because a man was watching me and drooling, and I showed him my wedding band, to signal I was hetrosexual and he got mad he couldn't pick me up.

Andy
to A Hetrosexual man Hopkinsville, Kentucky, United States #1308264

Showed your wedding band to signal you were heterosexual? Im thinking your membership was cancelled for some other reasons....

Yes, the no judgment zone.They told me I had to stop my set when there little traffic light turned red, then canceled my membership when I refused.

If you like Simon Says join Planet Fitness, if you want to work out go somewhere else.I think they are the total judgement zone.

Kie
to Anonymous Columbus, Ohio, United States #1243960

If you were in the circuit area, then yes, you need to stop your set, wipe down, and move on when the light turns red so others can continue their circuits. At least at my PF, there are machines and free weights outside the circuit area for those who want to do multiple sets on one machine.

The complainer is exactly the type of Neanderthal the business does NOT want on their premises, and I can't say I blame them.. No one wants to see, smell, or hear these juiced up proles fueled by rage.

Anybody that works out at this gym is either a woman or a *** hands down.

Then don't go there.Sounds like u are the exact type of people they made this type of business for.

There are plenty of other workout facilities that you would fit in just perfectly.

MiMi
Crown Point, Indiana, United States #968464

Don't you get it?PF is not for people like you.

It's for beginners.

There are LOTS of "real" gyms out there.Go join one and quit your ***'.

oldschool

I've talked to several gym owners and managers over the years and they hate weight lifters.If for no other reason those 8' X 8' areas used for cleans & dead can be used to squeeze in more machines and hopefully attract more members.

They say women love machines. As do the rookies.

And yes the grunting and dropping weights does not help. But weight lifting exercises and movements are legit exercises. Cleans especially are becoming a lost art in the US simply because you can't do them in most gyms now a days.

Cleans are also an excellent all around exercise.

What most gyms need to do is designate an area of the gym for those exercises. The problem is you do need extra padding and theoretically there should be an 8' x 8' plywood platform. You need a solid flat surface when doing cleans, jerks, dead lifts and squats.

Most gym members, management and staff are metrosexuals more worried about looking like the cover of the latest fashion magazine.

They also seem to like an office or factory environment so working out in a corporate looking facility makes the repetition of machine use natural to many.Others like the bells and whistles on things like the treadmills and bikes although how accurate those blood pressure or calorie burning electronics remains to be seen.

Actual free weight lifting has become extinct in the world of corporate gyms.

joe moss

obviously planet fitness IS a judgement zone!!

hey planet fitness…with your current communist set of rules set in place, you are going

to be out of business soon!

why don't you ban barbell bench presses next? better yet just eliminate all free weight

plates & dumbbells altogether, drop the planet fitness sign, and call your foolish business

curves!!