Review about Planet Fitness Staff from Rochester, Minnesota
Update added by user Aug 07, 2015
There is no debate that this incident happened, nor the manner in which it happened.There is video footage of it happening.
Also for the forensic equipment experts out there, I am not trying to file a medical claim or sue PF. I signed the waiver, I accept the fact that equipment, no matter the type, will have malfunctions. So everyone trying to decipher the possibilty of how it could have even happened, move on. The main point of this issue is how PF Burnsville responded to an injured member and their unacceptable customer service.
Was it my fault, their fault, who cares.
The only issue is the lack of concern, urgency, basic First Aid, or follow-up for someone seriously injured, especially a head wound. That is the root of what makes this a terrible club.
Other clubs I have been a member of or worked for, all employees had to be CPR/First Aid/AED certified within 30-days of employment.
I guess if you're going to only ask $10 or $20 a month, you have to cut cost somewhere.
In conclusion, to sum up the actual root of my complaint, the only follow-up I received from anyone at the club was when I submitted my cancellation notice.I received an email with my cancellation and a "I hope you feel better".
Update added by user Aug 01, 2015
This was the Burnsville, Mn location. However, I've been.told the other locations in Minnesota are no better.
Original review posted by user Aug 01, 2015
Terrible, untrained employees.I was into the 3rd rep of my 3rd set of tricep pushdowns, when the pin released on the cable harness.
The harness fell to the floor, splitting my skull on the way. As loud as it was, it still didnt bring any of the 3 employees there to aid me. The harness split my head open 4", and I was bleeding heavily. After a couple of minutes, I.went up to the desk securing the laceration with my dirty gym towel.
I.stood at the desk several minutes before anyone even came over. Obviously these people are not trained in basic first aid, as I received no assistance. When the manager finally came up, all he said was "you ok?. I'd get that l9oked at sooner, rather than later".
I asked for an accident report, but was told that they didnt need anything from me!! I told him his faulty machine caused this, as I stood there with a blood soaked gym towel. He took my number and I drove to the ER. 10 stiches, cuncussion, and who knows what else.
It's been 3 days without even a call to see if Im ok.
What a joke of a gym.It may only be $20/mo, but you get the service you pay for.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Planet Fitness Staff
- Review category
- Fitness Centers
You May Also Like
- "an employee of anytime fittness placed an advertisment flier on my windshield. i called the number posted on the flier to address my concern over not being able to remove..."
- "The mgmt of the Anytime Fitness in Bedford, Raleigh, NC apparently does not know the difference between living their faith and imposing it. Having heard stories about the 2 managers..."
- "It is after 6:30 am and I have been sitting outside the Ashlund facility for the past hour and have seen at least a dozen people walj up to a..."
- "This is a response to an account manager by the name of Lucy. I am extremely dissatisfied with this entire process. I ordered a dress for a special event in..."
- "This is an unexpected fortune. They are in a little bit of danger of being held accountable for the reliability of Borealis Face Cream.This is why it's so urgent to..."
- "My programmable Honeywell thermostat blow up & caused smoke. I was out at work & came home and saw wall had some smoke on it. The house smelled very bad...."
- "I bought a bag of Clany's chex mix from Aldi's which is good and economical. However i placed some in my mouth and something was cutting my tongue and it..."
- "We are a Ford dealership. Sold a car to a customer who had a loan with Kia. Got the 10 day payoff, sent it in, waited for lien release. Payment..."
- "I won an auction for a car essential oil diffuser. Shortly after paying for the item I received an email idicating that they had received my payment and the item..."