Review about Planet Fitness Staff from Rochester, Minnesota
Update added by user Aug 07, 2015
There is no debate that this incident happened, nor the manner in which it happened.There is video footage of it happening.
Also for the forensic equipment experts out there, I am not trying to file a medical claim or sue PF. I signed the waiver, I accept the fact that equipment, no matter the type, will have malfunctions. So everyone trying to decipher the possibilty of how it could have even happened, move on. The main point of this issue is how PF Burnsville responded to an injured member and their unacceptable customer service.
Was it my fault, their fault, who cares.
The only issue is the lack of concern, urgency, basic First Aid, or follow-up for someone seriously injured, especially a head wound. That is the root of what makes this a terrible club.
Other clubs I have been a member of or worked for, all employees had to be CPR/First Aid/AED certified within 30-days of employment.
I guess if you're going to only ask $10 or $20 a month, you have to cut cost somewhere.
In conclusion, to sum up the actual root of my complaint, the only follow-up I received from anyone at the club was when I submitted my cancellation notice.I received an email with my cancellation and a "I hope you feel better".
Update added by user Aug 01, 2015
This was the Burnsville, Mn location. However, I've been.told the other locations in Minnesota are no better.
Original review posted by user Aug 01, 2015
Terrible, untrained employees.I was into the 3rd rep of my 3rd set of tricep pushdowns, when the pin released on the cable harness.
The harness fell to the floor, splitting my skull on the way. As loud as it was, it still didnt bring any of the 3 employees there to aid me. The harness split my head open 4", and I was bleeding heavily. After a couple of minutes, I.went up to the desk securing the laceration with my dirty gym towel.
I.stood at the desk several minutes before anyone even came over. Obviously these people are not trained in basic first aid, as I received no assistance. When the manager finally came up, all he said was "you ok?. I'd get that l9oked at sooner, rather than later".
I asked for an accident report, but was told that they didnt need anything from me!! I told him his faulty machine caused this, as I stood there with a blood soaked gym towel. He took my number and I drove to the ER. 10 stiches, cuncussion, and who knows what else.
It's been 3 days without even a call to see if Im ok.
What a joke of a gym.It may only be $20/mo, but you get the service you pay for.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Planet Fitness Staff
- Review category
- Fitness Centers
You May Also Like
- "Ever since I joined Planet Fitness I was always approached by staff and Manager, Joshua Gass, and asked if I was training people. I responded, "No, I am just..."
- "I just bought the program T25 and Shakeology and I was super happy. Doing my exercises which help me a lot with my diabetes. The problem is that my second..."
- "I am an employee (personal trainer) of Muv fitness in West Columbia, SC and am submitting a complaint on the performance of Lamaria Jamison. She is very unprofessional, uses profane..."
- "I bought the earrings that said 14k gold laughable, they are so far from gold or even the stainless steel in the package that they came in i couldn't wear..."
- "I ordered a $159.99 Lazy Lagoon float for my four sons several days before leaving for our lakeside vacation. With the wonderful 3-5 day shipping we would definitely receive it..."
- "Where to start? "Portrait Professionals" weren't even wearing shoes! One hour plus wait time WITH AN APPOINTMENT!!!! Crying kids, confused staff, angry parents! Great combo for family fun pictures! #NeverAgainRochesterMN..."
- "My TV was having issues connecting to the internet and also had a large white spot on it. I even sent in pictures and they agreed there was an issue...."
- "Rashard Johnson of the Forty Niners was penalized 15 yards for "Unsportsmanlike conduct" for making a "snow angel" after scoring what he thought was a touchdown. Ridiculous. Period. Our whole..."
- "I have been working for IDC as a high-tech recruiter. IDC is filled with new and latest technology and I learned many new strategies and techniques while working for IDC...."