9.5K views

I signed up with Planet Fitness about 5 months ago. Everything was going great until I had to update my billing information. Before, I just gave them my credit card number and they billed me every month without any problems.

Now they are asking for my checking ACCOUNT number and my BANK ROUTING number. When I asked why I can not simply use my credit card number like I did when I signed up, they stated that it is a new policy that became effective in November. Since when does a gym need your checking account number and routing number to bill you monthly? A monthly magazine subscription does not require a checking or routing number and nor does a monthly membership with Bally Total Fitness. What if that information were to be hacked, millions of members would have their information compromised.

Planet Fitness - you need to change your policy if you want to keep your loyal customers. I will not give you my checking account number or my routing number and I am sure others will refuse as well.

Comments

Tried to pay for a full year wouldn"t let me need a checking account number they said. Will never give it to them. Turned around and walked out.

I guess you people probably have a cow when your employer asks for a cancelled check for direct deposit.

I went to sign up today and turned right back around i would not give up my information to a guy that smells like pure ***. Instead i signed up with Blink Fitness!

Could not agree more.I went in during their "deal" $10 a month and $1 down with no contract.

You find out there is a $39 a year maintenance charge 3 months into the membership. Then I indicated that I did not want to using a checking account but could I pay for an entire year based on the amount in the deal with one credit card payment. I was told well then that is a year contract and that would be $199 plus the $39 fee and after 72 hours it is non-refundable. Under Ohio law, if the person is disabled and has physician certification that they cannot use the gym indeed it is cancellable.

I cannot understand why they would not even take cash up front based on the deal but insisted on a routing number and check debiting every month. The answer is clear to me. If I say no longer, they can continue to debit anyway.

There is no rational reason for not taking cash, and certainly this is quicker, they have my money UP FRONT and not monthly.Something is fishy here.

Wow i have read many of the reviews and it shows many answers back by people that work there. Mean People much? Not a place

I will never put myself in that situation... I will never give them my Checking Account info..

I absolutely don't understand why they won't take a check for the full year in advance and save the billing hassle and the risk of having someone's acount drained by a hacker.

I was going to join today, and didn't. I'm not giving my checking account numbers to a gym. I should be able to use my major credit card or debit card.

to Joann #1418777

I totally agree.This is what I tried to do.

I tried to pay them the exact amount of the deal up front but they would not take it, claiming this was a year contract now and I would have to pay more.

I cannot figure why they would not want more money up front even if it was for a deal that people were paying monthly by they debiting checking accounts.Something is not right.

We still have tons of members including myself. This is actually quite common with many organizations.