2.2K views
3.5
Additional Fees
Cleanliness
Equipment Quality

So I joined Planet fitness yesterday. Good for me.

I used to be a member a few years ago but quit going. So I joined on line took my paper work in. They gave me a key chain pass thing. I also said I want to tan.

I was told I had to sign in now on the little computer thing. Ok that was new. So I signed in and tanned worked out went home. I go today and I can't tan because it has not been exactly 24 hours!

What the crap. I go after work and I get off some days 2 o'clock 5 o'clock and today I got off work at 12 o clock! This is NUTS. I was so mad I just left.

Who had time to work out and go back several hours later just to tan??? This needs to change!

Review about: Planet Fitness Tanning.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

DON'T BLAME PLANET FITNESS! IT'S THE LAW!

EDUCATE YOURSELF! DON'T YOU KNOW, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

A 24 hour limit between tanning sessions is a universal rule. Like others have said, it may vary by state, but you’re going to run into that anywhere, another gym or any tanning salon.

Common sense ought to tell you tanning sooner than 24 hrs is too soon.

to Tim #1524185

Ever go on vacation and tan at the pool or beach twice within 24 hrs....people do it all the time

It might be a policy now. A year ago this was not the policy at this Planet Fitness in Alabama. Or at least they did not enforce it.

That is a statewide policy for all tanning establishments in the State of Indiana.

This is probably not a Planet Fitness issue. Tanning is often highly regulated by the state., and your state likely has a "no more than once in a 24 hour period" clause in the regulations.

If a merchant allows wiggle room in this, their ability to offer tanning as a service could get yanked by the state.

That being said, there is probably no communication between separate tanning providers (e.g. between "Happy Tan" and "Tans R Us", so you have that as an alternative.....