43.1K views

The PF located at 1404 Lawrenceville Suwanee Rd, Lawrenceville, GA has twice now made me sit and wait to use the tanning bed because of some cleaning policy. The longest you can tan is 15 mins.

But they only allow members to tan on the 1/5 hr marks. For example if you want to tan at 5pm and the best are empty then you can. You get your 15 mins. But if you sign up at 5:15 and the best are empty you have to wait until 5:30.

All the beds were opened and I watched one of the employee clean the beds. Then 4 employees stood behind the counter talking and carrying. The best were open and clean but they said I had to wait (after spending an hr working out) for 15mins for no reason. The longest you can stay in a lay down bed it 15 mins and the longest in a stand up bed is 10.

They have 2 stand up best which sit idle for 40 mins every hour. I pay for this service. I should be able to use it. I understand waiting my turn if the beds are in use.

PF also will not require a personal trainer (That I also pay for with the Black Card) to be available on my schedule around my job. One will not meet before I go to work. Which is at 7am. I want to get with someone around 5am but they don't start that early.

I don't get off till 4pm and the earliest I could be at the gym was 5pm depending on traffic but they stop taking appts at 5pm and if your late they will not wait. I pay for services I can't use.

I will be canceling my membership.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with most of equipment and cleanliness and stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service and rude employee. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of planet fitness membership and associated monetary loss in the amount of $240. Planet Fitness needs to have the product delivered according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned planet fitness membership in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Planet Fitness.

Comments

No one has to schedule anyone around YOUR schedule. That’s just dumb. Also, how many times can you possibly misspell “beds”?

to Karen L 724 #1546241

You're rude. He has every right to be upset

How far in between I can tan again?

The product they use to clean the beds has to air dry for it to do it's best job. It recommends they let it dry for 15 minutes.

Get over yourself. Go to an actual tanning salon if it's that big of a deal for you...

to Sydney #1546242

If they already cleaned it and the bed is just sitting there. Having the rule you can only use it on the 1/5 mark is STUPID.

Kind of like your IQ. Re read the complaint IDIOT

It's "beds" for Christ's sake!!!!!!

i totally agree with the tanning issue. i have tanned at any time since the place opened.

today i went in on my lunch break and was told to wait 15 min.. all beds were open. i asked why and he rudely pointed to a policy sign. i said i have seen the sign since ive been a member however never been told i had to wait.

he rudely told me they had all new owners and staff. i said your the only new person i see. he said well it changed in august. i replied me and 15 other employees at my job have tanned a million times since august with no restrictions.

he snapped well its the policy. we pay for our services and we should be able to use what we pay for.

you do not have to be royalty to expect to use what we pay for!!!! All the other staff is great besides the tanning police they just hired.

to Anonymous #1539553

Here’s the thing.... just because most of the employees don’t follow the rules doesn’t mean the one who follows them is a problem. Maybe he is the one that will save you from your scabies demise

Ur canceling a membership because of a tanning bed wait.... Are u royalty??

Because u joined that gym because it cheap... U get what u pay for....

I seriously doubt your leaving the gym.... Ur just a pain in the *** to everyone u cross paths with

to Anonymous #1129759

No what we pay for is to use the things in the gym. Reguardless of how much it costs.

Not one other location does this.

So save the smart *** comment and you obviously pay for the same cheap gym so dont *** talk punk. We will be moving over 100 employee memberships to other locations!!!#

to Anonymous #1504633

Tanning bead cleanliness is a state mandated policy as well as tanning times. In florida the longest tanning session is 12 minutes.

The cleaner does have to air dry for a bit.

I schedule ahead work out then tan at the time i chose. Easy peasy.

to Anonymous #1429392

Let me just say, to you miss diva, and the diva that wrote the post. I am a frequent tanner.

The reason they do that is because THE CLEANER THEY USE TO DISINFECT THE BEDS HAS TO BE SUFFICIENTLY SPRAYED, AND LEFT TO AIR DRY. you snooty princess women think you have to have what you want when you want it. Don't like it ? Spend that fifteen minutes laying in the back yard.

Entitled little assholes.

I am a woman, I tan often, I wanted to know how a public bed that i lay naked in was cleaned. Maybe you should brush up on the proper cleaning and upkeep on public beds ??

to DUH *** #1475649

It's people like toy thaaaat make the world a terrible place. You took the time to write a comment that you had to be, not only rude, but also a bully. Very untasteful and immature on your part.

to Anonymous #1546246

You're just as STUPID as the other ones. They are cancelling because they're not able to get a personal trainer.

The tanning issue is only a smidge of it.

They're paying for a black card membership and they're not able to benefit from it. Learn how to read.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States #956699

1) the tanning policy MAY be designed according to state law, in which case, the state designates the schedule and that's just the way it is. So your concern may not be with PF.

2).

PF does not have "Personal" Trainers and as For their Fitness Instructors, unfortunately the schedule is set in stone and does not revolve around your schedule. You may be able to ask the manager for special circumstance, but even the manager may not be able to approve it since they are not the authority that pays the salary.

Good luck wherever you go, just keep up the fitness.

One size will never fit all. Maybe there is a place that can accommodate your special schedule.

to Anonymous #1546247

Uuummm yes they do have Personal Trainers. Do you live under a rock???