110K views

I called to see if I could join with my daughter who is under the age of 10 but was recomended by her doctor to do some cardio activities.All I wanted was for she and I to go walk and do the stepper.

I was told they WILL NOT ALLOW ANYONE under the age of 13 to join! Now how is it that you want to cure childhood obesity but have an age limit even with an adult not leaving their side?! its a load of bs and this company will never be getting any money from me. I even asked if I could bring in a doctors note stating that she needed to workout and would never be without an adult.

Was rudely cute off and told it was a corporate policy. I'm beyond livid.

So you're telling me you want to not have overweith children but only ones that are teens?Good talk Planet Fitness.

Review about: Planet Fitness Membership.

Comments

I can understand their point of view for not letting your daughter in, even if you did say that her doctor recommended her to get more physical exercise, because they don't know her, or how she will act, and it is just a corporate policy, but I'm surprised at the fact that they did Nied a for not letting your daughter in, even if you did say that her doctor recommended her to get more physical exercise, because they don't know her, or how she will act, and it is just a corporate policy, but I'm surprised at the fact that they where deny an actual doctors note... If I were you I would have contacted corporate about that, maybe if you got a doctors note you could slip between the lines, but obviously you'd have to go to like a CEO or something

13 is actually one of the youngest ages gyms allow...They are a business and they have liability issues...it’s a gym not a daycare.

I think that kids should use the treadmill because its just walking and running.

I would not go to a gym that allowed children in there.Too much of a liability for the business and people don’t watch their kids.

Too bad.Find another way to exercise.

You sound like a horrible person

user76612186

What rock have you been living under?Don’t you think there are insurance liabilities involved?

Is your happiness the ONLY thing that matters to you? Who cares about everyone else in the gym right? I know you “SAY” she would be by your side but other parents may not be as attentive. Be kids running everywhere.

I have two heavy daughters so I understand where your at. I just think if the doctor says walk, then take her outside for a walk. Or make it fun somehow.

Gym equipment can be dangerous for young children.Use some common sense please and you’ll see how wrong you are.

A lot of you all are so ignorant. Smh grow up.

Ok so it’s there policy, there’s nothing you can do about that.Try working out out smokes and use that as a binding experience.

Good luck.Signed single African father age 33.

Well that was your fault for fattening your kid anyway.

They need to get there *** together I'm twelve but I'm the size of fifteen year old and I'm as fat as a *** whale and they dont let me go in wtf?

It's because of liability reasons, insurance etc.Why don't you put your son in martial arts or outside activity, take him hiking, walks.

My 11 year old is a second degree blackbelt and has been in martial arts since the age of 5. I also take him hiking, long walks, bike rides, anything i can do to keep him active.

Try this.It's not rocket science.

to getagrip45 #1446866

Amen. Common sense is very lacking with this woman.

Wow I can't believe how some people think they have all the answers.

Not everyone can afford the high prices of the ymca or the cost to put your child into sports.

My son gained 53lbs when prescribed a depression pill.

You have no right to accuse anyone of over feeding their child.

You are nothing but a judgemental bitch/Asshole who probably has no friends because your to busy judging other people and trying to make everybody see things your way!!!!!!!

I'm having the same thing I'm 11almost 12 and I'm trying to go to the gym because my doctor told me that I need to lose weight and I only have to workout places in my area and I cant get into ether of them because of my age if you wanted to stop childhood obesity let a little bit younger kids go in what the heck!!!

to lacioneal #1446869

Son there’s reasons for age limits at gyms.Those are the rules.

Just accept it. Why cant you workout at the school gym? Or buy a used weight set and lift in your room.

That’s what I did when I was 12.Good luck

to user76612186 #1452124

Well if they would follow their own rules it clearly states in their rules and regulations that children over 8 can use cardio machines with parents outside of peek hours. So those are not the rules, they need to change their regulations if they are not going to follow them.

Im dealing w the same thing. The only gym is the Ymca, but their membership is a bit higher then I can afford.

to B Kelly #1449759

Check their policies, YMCA has a income based program that makes it more affordable. Hope this helps!

No. They cannot join. But can come as a guest with you and only allowed to use cardio

to Steph #1431527

Not true - I just found out even a guest has to be 13 years or older.