Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
79K views 236 comments

I called to see if I could join with my daughter who is under the age of 10 but was recomended by her doctor to do some cardio activities.All I wanted was for she and I to go walk and do the stepper.

I was told they WILL NOT ALLOW ANYONE under the age of 13 to join! Now how is it that you want to cure childhood obesity but have an age limit even with an adult not leaving their side?! its a load of bs and this company will never be getting any money from me. I even asked if I could bring in a doctors note stating that she needed to workout and would never be without an adult.

Was rudely cute off and told it was a corporate policy. I'm beyond livid.

So you're telling me you want to not have overweith children but only ones that are teens?Good talk Planet Fitness.

Review about: Planet Fitness Membership.

Review #471916 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Planet Fitness Membership
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Planet Fitness?

Comments

Pennsylvania, United States #1331213

How do they know if your kid is 11 or 13? Do you have to bring a birth certificate for your guest if you have a black card?

Me

Get over it. It's not the end of the world you sad little person.

I also have a daughter who's 11 and was told by her dr to maybe try the gym few days a week and planet fitness told me no one under 13 if makes no sense 11 12 or 13 not a big jump in age wasn't going to send her alone obviously it's bs

to Anonymous #1328218

It's called liability.There is heavy equipment and children should not be allowed to use it in a regular gym.

Most gyms have the same policy and even provide daycare for little kids so ADULTS can work out. Don't blame them for your kid being big and not healthy. Your the parent. Get off your lazy *** take that kid to the park or local high school to walk the track.

Even walking around the neighborhood will help them.You made them like that so you are responsible to fix it :)

Maria1234
#1319898

Go to the YMCA!Or Boys and Girls Club that's where most kids be at.

Honestly I don't like to see little kids running around the gym.I go to the gym to exercise and get my mind of off being a mom, to release some stress and honestly kids can exercise in different ways at school too, they don't need a gym exactly.

You sound like a spoiled american.Have your fat brat go outside and learn to burn calories like NORMAL kids.

"How is that going to cure childhood obesity?" Derp derp! Stop feeding them sh** and rhen let them lay around!

And you want to bash planet fitness?Your horrible parenting is what needs to be bashed if you have an overweight kid under the age of 10.

Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, United States #1314702

For the same reason that kids under a certain height can't ride certain rides at Kennywood. For one thing, most adults who go to these clubs don't want pre-teen kids running around the place. A pre-teen oveweight kid doesn't need a sports club, all the parents have to do is get their kids to get their butts up from the computer keyboard.

Patricia Griffin
to Anonymous Brooklyn, New York, United States #1315555

They is the most ignorant thing i have heard kids with childhood obesity is not always from bad eating habits or sitting at the computer eating diabetes can be inherited thyroid disease is not something you get from being lazy kids should be allowed to get fit under adult supervision

to Anonymous #1325133

Agreed!

Why don't you just buy your own "stepper" since that's (supposedly) all you want to do anyway .. you two can "step" all-day long in the privacy of your own home and not have to worry about any gym rules.