87.7K views

I called to see if I could join with my daughter who is under the age of 10 but was recomended by her doctor to do some cardio activities.All I wanted was for she and I to go walk and do the stepper.

I was told they WILL NOT ALLOW ANYONE under the age of 13 to join! Now how is it that you want to cure childhood obesity but have an age limit even with an adult not leaving their side?! its a load of bs and this company will never be getting any money from me. I even asked if I could bring in a doctors note stating that she needed to workout and would never be without an adult.

Was rudely cute off and told it was a corporate policy. I'm beyond livid.

So you're telling me you want to not have overweith children but only ones that are teens?Good talk Planet Fitness.

Review about: Planet Fitness Membership.

Had an Experience with Planet Fitness?

Comments

II worked out at Planet Fitness for 2 years; a good gym at a great price.I wanted to get my 11-year-old boy to join, but they had a minimum age of 13 years old, so I quit and joined Gold’s Gym.

YMCA also allows 11-year old, but Golds Gym was closer to where we live; location, location, location.

The price at Golds is also 4 times as expensive, times 2, but it’s worth it to get the boy in the gym.I’ll switch back once the kid turns 13.

I don't want to go to a gym with kids especially if I'm paying for it. Try the park or a kid specific center.

Rules are rules, no exceptions. Besides even if you are with your child, kids do *** things and a gym is not a place to screw around

Planet Fitness sucks.

Why does your daughter need to be in a gym at such an early age. Thats the age she should be out playing a sport or something.

LMAO B WHY IS UR DAUGHTER OBESE UNDER THE AGE OF 10, GIRL THATS YOUR FAULT. LEARN HOW TO TAKE CARE OF UR CHILDREN BY FEEDING THEM RIGHT AND TAKE THEM OUT FOR A WALK OR SOMETHING. PLAY A SPORT.

to GOPF #1351857

*** you man dont be a *** because of somebodys style of living. We could say the same thing about you we dont know what you look like.

to GOPF #1369354

Do you not realize that there could be many reasons for this child being overweight?For you to place blame stating it's the parent's fault is ignorant.

Medical conditions, medications, etc.

could be contributing to weight gain.Stop being so judgemental

I just turned 13 can my mom take me as her guest on her black card?

to Anonymous Canal Winchester, Ohio, United States #1348183