130K views

I called to see if I could join with my daughter who is under the age of 10 but was recomended by her doctor to do some cardio activities. All I wanted was for she and I to go walk and do the stepper.

I was told they WILL NOT ALLOW ANYONE under the age of 13 to join! Now how is it that you want to cure childhood obesity but have an age limit even with an adult not leaving their side?! its a load of bs and this company will never be getting any money from me. I even asked if I could bring in a doctors note stating that she needed to workout and would never be without an adult.

Was rudely cute off and told it was a corporate policy. I'm beyond livid.

So you're telling me you want to not have overweith children but only ones that are teens? Good talk Planet Fitness.

Product or Service Mentioned: Planet Fitness Membership.

Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Comments

Start your own business and you can make the rules. Sheesh.

Are trainers allowed to go on dating websites to recruit Fat women?

@PissedConsumer1723742

I would be extremely pissed if someone did that to me. I don’t recommend it. Unless you want to get a beat down.

Ummm. Get over it?

It’s a private business who can set its own policy. They post it on the requirements before you sign up and pay.

Not that they need a reason, but it is a legal liability to allow children in. Just go somewhere else.

I have a thread in here (double standard) discussing this. The owner however bring his son in, who is 10 or less.

Have pictures of it but since the owner can make the rules, he can break them for the special people (unprofessionally) and throw it in the rest of our faces. Sucks but all we can do is put this info out to as many people and places as possible. It’s what I’m doing. Especially to the military.

Exercise your 1st amendment rights! ;)

Shopping Expert
According to the Membership FAQ page on the Planet Fitness site, you may join Planet Fitness at age 13 provided you are accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian when you sign-up and when you are working out. You may find out more details regarding age restrictions given in the article “Top 7 Consumer Questions to Planet Fitness Customer Support”.

I was checking to see what the age requirement is expecting it to be at least 16, so I'm bummed my almost 11 year old granddaughter can't join with me, but happy also that she only has a short time to wait... I do agree that someone needs to come up with fitness centers for children as well as adults whether they are over weight or not...

My granddaughter watches utube videos to exercise to at home right now.. So proud of her ambition.

@PissedConsumer1674638

There you go. Instead if complaining you find other ways to get her to have physical exercise. Some of these people should learn from you.

Most gyms have a rule of 12 or 13 for liability reasons. I have belonged to a few gyms and it has always been that way.

I was told no more large water bottles! really and that I could fill my small bottle at the fountain! who drinks fountain water anymore nasty!!!

Well I’m two years under 13 but does that really counr

So can they bring them in as guest ? I’m at the gym right now dad brought in his 2 boys and they aren’t near 13

@PissedConsumer1621232

That’s should be good as long as your dad is with them

#1620613

Ok, let me ask this. Why did you let your kid get fat?

Why did you not monitor what they're eating and instead of eating fast food?! Why didn't you MAKE them go outside instead of sitting inside playing on their tablet, watch tv/movies, video games, etc? Walking? Not enough, sorry.

Why don't you tell them to go run around the block about 10 times. Better yet, be their example and do it with them! Not having a gym membership is NOT an excuse to not work out and it's just pure laziness on anyone who uses that excuse. If you don't know how to, learn.

It's really that simple. Don't get mad at the gym for having a policy that almost every other gym on this planet (no pun intended) has to protect them from getting sued or having to babysit. If this sounds harsh, that's because it is. It's a wake up call.

Stop making excuses for a *** diet & *** attitude and BE the example and make the changes!

I don't need to be anonymous. My name is below and I live in Menasha, WI.

@PissedConsumer1620613

ok some people are just built larger than others, it has absolutely nothing to do with how she has raised you have raised your child

@PissedConsumer1620613

You are truly a Jack *** To start a statement as "why did you let your kid get fat." Read a book, get educated and then maybe respond. The ignorance of your post is astounding.

You're a total jerk!

Wow get a life ..

Nice

@PissedConsumer1620613

OMG SHUT UP. I’m so sick and tired of people like you, trolling online fat shaming everyone. Take your judgemental attitude and HAVE SEVERAL SEATS.

Planet Fitness Reviews