3.1

I am a current member of Planet Fitness. I moved from one state to another.

Due to my financial situation, I decided that I could no longer afford a gym membership. So I called the Planet Fitness in the previous location where I became a member. They told me they could not cancel by phone, I would have to come in person. I told them that I was now living in another state.

They told me to go to a local Planet Fitness to cancel. So I did just that. However, the local Planet Fitness told me they could not cancel me because I was not in their system and I would have to transfer my membership to them. They said I could do this online.

So I sat down at this location and tried to transfer. However, I was unable to get into my account. It refused to accept my email. After many attempts, I finally called the former Planet Fitness to see what to do.

They checked my records and told me that my email had never been entered into the system. Without that, they could not transfer my membership even though they know that I am a member.

At this point, the only way to cancel the membership is to close my bank account. This is absolutely disgraceful!

User's recommendation: Unless you are okay with closing your bank account, go to another gym.

Location: Centreville, Maryland